Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for a Technical Sales specialist who will be responsible for developing and maintaining trusted client relationships at all levels within a client's organization. As a deep Technical Subject Matter Expert and Strategic Thinker, you will help customers, IBM account teams and Business Partners to create and develop cloud strategies, roadmaps and technical plans (focused around Integration) to enable the strategic goals of your clients.
- You will be responsible for gathering and understanding the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
- From this you will provide technical sales support which may include collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; delivering Proof of Concepts and/or MVPs; developing and delivering technical education to colleagues, Customers and Partners; supporting critical situations; designing solutions; and answering technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, you are responsible for the technical accuracy and fit of the proposed solution.
- Other responsibilities may include coordination of presales or (in some cases) delivery activities with internal and external service partners, presentations on marketing and enablement events, leading local developer communities, writing technical papers, blogs etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2-3+ years of experience in IT Integration, ideally using IBM Integration product portfolio or competitive counterparts, in complex and demanding projects.
- 2-3+ years experience of autonomous development of Integration artefacts (integration flows, APIs etc) for Integration products.
- Experience in architecting, designing and implementing Microservices, EAI, SOA, API and Web Services integration solutions.
- Experience working with IBM Integration (MQ, IIB, App Connect, Datapower) or other solutions (e.g., MuleSoft, Oracle Fusion, TIBCO, Dell Boomi, etc.)
- API Management solution experience (IBM API Connect, WSO2, Mulesoft, Apigee, etc.)
- A deep understanding of the concepts of building resilient and reliable integration solutions on IBM or other Middleware.
- Experience of designing and building solutions based on Containers/Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Good understanding of the following technologies: JSON, Swagger, Web Services, XML, XSLT, Java, Node.js,
- Strong analytical and good inter-personal skills. Good organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Good knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, standards and procedures.
- Proven track record in Tech Sales or similar role.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Beneficial to have
- Experience in deploying and working with Integration products on Kubernetes and/or OpenShift
- Knowledge of container offerings: IBM Kubernetes Service (IKS), Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS), Google Kubernetes Service (GKE).
- Strong industry experience and background in one of the following industries: Banking, Telco, Public sector (Government).
- DevOps tooling and processes, particularly in hybrid cloud architectures
- Understanding of IT security frameworks and protocols: Oauth2.0, OIDC, Kerberos, SAML; understanging of security integration architecture for common industry patterns such as e.g. PSD2 solutions in Banking
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.