Job description / Role
Trusted technical consultant to customers and local Oracle sales account team and partners, with the ability to translate customer business requirements into solutions that leverage Oracle's Engineered Systems, Cloud at Customer and Server/Storage product portfolio. Experience with Oracle Engineered Systems, C@C, Oracle Database products is highly desired to lead complex projects or deliver proof of value, features and concepts of above-mentioned solutions and products.
The ideal candidate calls him/herself system with significant experience in IT solutions and IT transformation projects. Is focusing on technical sales of Cloud ready Engineered Systems and new technological trends like Microservices architectures. The candidate is senior and able to represent Oracle in front of our enterprise customers, C level persona and is passionate and (preferably) knowledgeable about Oracle database technology as the foundation for enterprise IT.
As a Cloud Systems Solution Engineer you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical trusted advisor. Focuses on large or sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations, in some cases hands-on Proof of Features, Values or Concepts. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions
The candidate should have the ability to:
- Focus on Market and Account adapting sales plays and initiatives that will succeed in growing our systems business
- Focus on creating long-term value from customers, markets, and relationships in specific tier 1 accounts:
- Building relationships, being involved in strategic planning and interacting and building relationships with customers thereby creating opportunities for growth
- Design, build and implement business solutions
- Engage with all levels within both Oracle and the customers' organizations
- Provide sales consultant support for named accounts
- Co-draft sales strategies together with account managers
- Provide solution engineering support in all necessary sales activities
- Define input for system architecture required and details for solution proposals
- Manage configurations of systems hardware products and associated infrastructure software
- Translate customer requirements into deliverable solutions
- Define values propositions, positioning and differentiation to competitors' products
- Support and develop existing customer and partner relationships and skills
- Work alongside partners and other third party organizations as required
- Help drive sales opportunities to successful completion
- Represent Oracle at marketing events, account based marketing events, workshops and other external events Oracle and channel events as required
- Actively develop cloud and Oracle X-Lob expertise
Oracle system solution engineers must be excellent communicators, able to articulate these in a straightforward way to both decision makers and technical personnel alike.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and proactive also be interested in advancing their specific expertise in private cloud and associate Oracle software products that will enhance these offerings.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience in IT solutions and IT transformation projects focusing particularly cloud technologies in addition to working knowledge of emerging technologies like ML, AI and IoT
The ideal candidate should
- Be an experienced professional with a successful and proven track record in this domain
- Have a BSc. or equivalent or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or any other degree supporting Information Technology.
- Have at least 7 years of IT on premise server and storage technologies sales engineering experience (with at least 10 years of overall IT experience)
- Have both experience in business development and technologies required to promote on premise server and storage at an infrastructure and platform level
- Have excellent written, oral and presentation skills in the required languages
- Be able to communicate at management CxO level as well as at a technical level.
- Have an understanding of key business drivers and competitive landscape in private cloud/on premise server and storage markets
- Working knowledge in the following areas is an asset:
- Design of datacenter
- Strategic Information systems analysis and planning
- Technical design authority role for a large project
Following working and hands on knowledge and expertise of Oracle's technologies supported by relevant certifications are highly preferred
- OCI infrastructure Foundation Certification
- Cloud Platform - SE
- Converged Infrastructure L1 - SE
- Converged Infrastructure L2 - SE
- Engineered Systems - SE
- ODA Land and Expand - SE
- Oracle Engineered Systems - Exadata, ODA, ZDLRA and PCA
- ZFS Storages and Volume Managers
- Oracle Solaris, Oracle Sun Cluster Software, Oracle ZFS, Oracle Database
- Oracle Sun SPARC and Intel Servers,
- Oracle Sun Storage Tape and Disk Solutions
- Infrastructure Design, Support and Implementation
- Backup and Recovery Design and Implementation
- Servers and OS Administration
- Virtualization and Private Clouds Design and Implementation
- Hardware Configuration and Implementation
- Programming and Scripting
- Presentation, Demo and PoC Preparation
Language skills (both written and verbal):
- Arabic - Fluent / MUST
- English - Fluent / MUST
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.