Job description / Role
Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company--and the Customer Service Operations Manager is at the forefront of that mission.We work towards a single goal: to ensure the best possible experience for our customers. To do that, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems right the first time. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in customer support. You need to love developing individuals at all stages of their careers, and not be afraid to get your hands dirty. You have to thrive in the type of environment that is constantly going and growing. In the words of Jeff Bezos’ “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” Can you develop leaders, put out fires, and deliver on initiatives that involve senior leadership, all before lunch? Then Amazon may be the place for you.
A Day in the Life of an Ops Manager involves:
· Leading and managing 3-4 direct reports and 300+indirect reports.
· Diving into data to identify the root of a problem and solving it (no matter how large or small the scale)
· Managing workflow, escalations and effectively delegating across your leadership team.
· Driving the creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality/process change initiatives, and Lean/Kaizen activities in our fast paced environment.
· Ensuring the development of your direct and indirect reports as you continue to raise the bar on talent.
· Being prepared to jump on a call and present to senior leadership at a moment’s notice.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university OR 2+ years experience with Amazon
· 5+ years people management experience
· Project management experience
· Experience managing teams of 50+ reports including leadership roles
· Master’s degree or MBA
· Lean/Six Sigma experience
· Experience in contact center, retail, or e-commerce operations
· Strong communication and presentation skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.