Job description / Role
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- This role is responsible for leading a project to build a datacenter for the client using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract.
- You will have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. You are responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client.
- You will provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status.
- Lead client implementation service delivery providing management and oversight of implementation
- Responsible for cost planning, cost analysis and revenue realization.
- Ensure scope, cost, schedule and contractual deliverables.
- Deliver successful projects working on-site at client locations in Egypt
- Manage complex multi stream projects, manage vendors and business partners to coordinate facilities, IT hardware and network build out plans
- Initialize, plan, execute, control and monitor complex projects involving design and implementation of complex IT Infrastructure involving server, storage virtualization, network and data center (Site and Facilities)
- Demonstrate leadership competencies for team building, client relations, negotiation, decision making, problem solving and conflict management
- Management and leadership of data center build out activities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Project management experience in civil and construction specifically building data centers
- Proficient in Primavera
- Technical background in the different areas of IT infrastructure (data centers, disaster recovery, security, networks, virtualization, storage) to allow hold a solid discussion with customers and internal technical team.
- PMP Certification
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- MNC experience
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA
Data Center Operations Manager
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
IBM Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||17 Aug|
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)