Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our sales and technical people are lucky enough to sell some of the world's most innovative IT solutions. They also get to interact with clients in a wide array of fields. To ensure you make the most of these opportunities, you'll benefit from some of the best training in the world to help you grow your career and gain exposure to international clients. The ability to articulate what IBM solutions deliver in terms that are relevant to the client is essential. You will work in an Agile team, rapidly assuming direct responsibility for maximizing existing and new business opportunities. As a DSD Manager you will lead and motivate a team of sales professionals that are focused on inbound and outbound prospecting; cultivate new relationships in whitespace accounts and new contacts within existing accounts; cross-sell and up-sell initiatives. The sales manager will be focused on the achievement of sales objectives and supporting our overall mission. The selected candidate will drive the right sales strategy to continue to improve productivity and exceed client expectations. The DSD Manager will foster an environment dedicated to our client's success and deliver value through strong relationships with the digital sales team and clients.
* Digital Sales - leading the Digital Sales Development teams to drive pipeline and revenue across MEA
* Facilitate Digital Sales execution and hiring programs.
* Digital Sales Strategy - drive the MEA Business strategy to increase revenue Year-to-Year by driving the team to identify, develop and close net new business.
* Maintain strong relationships with Brand and Marketing Stakeholders.
* People - establish a results-oriented culture and drive performance across the spectrum of Digital Sales.
* Manage direct personnel and support growth requirements for Digital Sales in MEA.
* Establish clear education and skills development plans.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Proven track record of sales experience, as well as demonstrated account management experience.
* Demonstrated skills in sales pipeline progression and forecasting, using CRM systems.
* Demonstrated communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
* Must be fluent in English.
You are expected to
* Think boldly, analytically, and critically
* Set reasonable goals and follow through with them
* Remain calm under pressure and willing to change perspectives.
* Disrupt comfortable behaviors and business as usual approaches
* Construct cross-teams for collaboration
* Coach IBMers to stretch and thrive
* Boost & Amplify passion, perseverance and performance
* Understand analytics and upline reporting
* Have a positive and engaging attitude
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Previous Digital Sales and People Management experience.
* At least 6-8 years of sales experience, preferably in IT, as demonstrated account management.
* A high level of energy, initiative, and commitment is required to enable you to work in a fast-moving and challenging environment.
* Social Media presence and can demonstrate how you use social media tools in your sales role to promote brand awareness.
* Show evidence of your professional development through courses, certification forums, etc.
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies