Job description / Role
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Digital Sales Specialist you'll become a trusted go-to expert. You'll collaborate with colleagues across the Sales team - advising and supporting on client engagements throughout the critically important early phases of the sales cycle and helping to lead MEA-based prospects to our award-winning cloud solutions.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing, and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this role may include, but not be limited to...
As Sustainability Digital Sales Specialist you will be responsible for driving the strategy, sale, and deal closing for offerings within an assigned territory.
- Working with various sources, you will identify, develop & expand on new sales opportunities and be responsible for driving them to closure.
- Differentiates customers within client segmentation to effectively target market opportunity - install, new logo, competitive.
- Aide in opportunity identification from install base and create up-sell/ cross-sell opportunities
- Identify customer business needs and articulate both the value and differentiator of Sustainability solutions and how they can address these needs.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Marketing, and technical reps within your squad on account strategy, demand generation activities, implementation plans, and results.
- Facilitate joint account planning sessions with business partners and other IBM brand sellers covering the same territory working together in an effective way to find the right solutions for clients.
- Work with tech reps to help design use case and respond to client POC and RFIs
- Understand customer's buying cycle to be able to effectively forecast likely closure of opportunity
- Qualify prospects, ability to work in a digital setting via video conference and phone meetings
- Professionally communicate with all appropriate levels of decision makers and influencers
- Develop a social presence through your rep page and social media to drive interest and leads.
- Present high-level product value propositions including solutions, features, and functions to increase buyer interest using video, phone and web presence
- Build relationships of trust with key customer decision makers and experts
- Achieve revenue objectives based on territory assignment
- Through continuous personal development, you will become a subject matter expert and act as an influencer and trusted advisor for clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understand the Digital End-to-End Processes - strong working knowledge of digital processes from marketing to consumption and renewals along with ability to make changes when needed
- Prospecting Skills (Hunter Skills) - confidence in prospecting strategies to identify new opportunities within existing territory and new logos
- Execute the digital sales strategic mission - understands the critical sales plays and value proposition of the organization
- Agility / Adaptability - ability to work as part of a cross functional team and able to adapt to constantly changing markets/client needs
- Communications - (Video Engagement, Oral & Written)- sellers must be able to create engaging videos; ability to write an effective in-mail/email with internal teams, clients, and business partners
- Digital Research - develop business acumen by understanding buyer personas, influencing factors affecting industries/clients and analyzing social media interactions, and competitive insights
- Digital Networking & Content Curation - leverage seller connections / social presence, by knowing what content to share, how often and to whom; creating blogs, posts, and articles to elevate seller to subject matter expert status
- 2+ years in a solutions Sales role with a consistent track record of achieving personal targets Proficient at using both digital & relevant sales tools & be confident in engaging peers and making connections.
- Experience in selling sustainability software products.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills and focus on client satisfaction.
- Strong personal integrity and an affinity with technology
- Experience using CRM systems to manage customer engagement
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.