ETIC, Azure Data Engineer - Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
As part of our Analytics and Insights Consumption team, you'll analyze data to drive useful insights for clients to address core business issues or to drive strategic outcomes. You'll use visualization, statistical and analytics models, AI/ML techniques, Modelops and other techniques to develop these insights.
You'll be joining our Data engineering, Reporting and Analytics practice, a core part of our Technology, Data & Analytics business unit. We support our clients in delivering a variety of transformation projects across the commercial sector from defining data strategies to helping architect, design and implement modern data and analytics solutions using the latest cloud technologies.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to work across a portfolio of clients, with a focus on large and complex organisations.
You will work in the team that reports to the Data Analytics delivery service leadership team and will be an integral part of the team based in Cairo, as well as those delivering client transformation programmes across the PwC Global Network, including the UK, Germany and Middle East.
Supporting the design and delivery of data transformation projects with clients. This will include:
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, helping to understand and create solutions to our clients' key challenges
- End-to-end planning, coordination and oversight of the project lifecycle including resourcing, scoping, architecting and delivery
- Managing client relationships including with C-level staff, Heads of Data and Analytics, IT and Data Architects and other business stakeholders during the lifecycle of a project.
- Supporting clients in developing their future plans and strategies for data.
- Collaborating with our wider Technology, Data and Analytics teams across the firm, whether that be locally or working with our alternative delivery teams (onshore and offshore).
- Taking an active role in coaching and developing skills in the team.
- Leading on initiatives to grow our business through the creation of new innovative solutions and propositions as well as relevant thought leadership.
- Promoting opportunities to enhance, disrupt and improve the way we work through the use of technology.
- Working to increase awareness of our Technology, Data & Analytics capabilities across our business and collaborating with a varied set of teams within the firm.
- You'll have +8 years of hands-on experience of data analytics solutions and architecture on cloud platforms with focus on AWS technologies
- +8 years hands-on experience of Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Storage, Files, Blob, Synapse, Data Lake Analytics, Event Hub, Data Catalog, Stream Analytics
- Well versed in data architecture approaches to ingest, model and serve data from various sources including structured and unstructured data sources.
- In addition, you should also be comfortable in architecting the right solution, whether that is ELT or ETL.
- Modern data lakes and data warehouse solutions.
- Data modelling - the ability to design and implement data models from conceptual through to physical which could include slowly changing dimensions or single customer views
- Designing optimized and well-functioning business intelligence solutions for different business functions (preferably Power BI but will consider other visualisation tools).
- Experience of the design of the infrastructure elements of a cloud platform including the setup and implementation of DevOps, networking and security elements.
- Strong business acumen in relation to Analytics, having had experience within at least one business area function (e.g Marketing, Sales, Finance, Workforce, Procurement etc.)
- Experience in adapting your communication style to help translate complex technical information to audiences unfamiliar with the technologies.
- Delivery of solutions through the full lifecycle of a enterprise data platform implementation, including data warehouses, Big Data, MDM and DQM / data profiling
- Experience of design and implementation of Information Strategy, Information Architecture and Governance projects to ensure the security, integrity, and availability of information with appropriate technical documentation and QA activities
- The ability to design and implement data models from concept through to reality, which could include slowly changing dimensions or single customer views
- Good understanding of Data & Analytics Architectures, definition of KPIs / metrics and insight requirements
- You should have expert delivery knowledge in at least one of the following vendors: SAP Business Analytics, Oracle, Cognos, Informatica, IICS, SSIS, Datastage, Talend, data warehouse and data management vendors
- Proficient in SQL and performance tuning of queries, ensuring solutions are both scalable and maintainable
- Practical knowledge of core data modelling, manipulation and visualisation skills- for example using tools such as Excel, Alteryx, PowerBI / Tableau / Qlik
- Experience of working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Presto, Redshift, Spark or similar
- Experienced in knowing how to shape, plan and estimate projects through either Waterfall or Agile methodologies.
- Experienced in managing multiple analytics projects from ideation through to benefits realisation from a technical perspective.
- Experience using Agile project management tools (DevOps, Trello, JIRA, Kanbanchi etc)
- Ability to manage projects to budget, deal with change requests and have commercial discussions with clients.
- Ability to align pragmatic analytical solutions to complex business problems.
- Experience in defining and managing benefits cases for analytics solutions.
- Managing small project teams and inspiring others to solve problems, under pressure, end-to-end with data
- Acting as the main day-to-day contact for clients, building strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Supporting senior management to identify opportunities to embed advanced data and analytics use cases in wider business transformation proposition
- Ability to deliver solutions under tight timeframes, while proactively addressing and managing issues.
- University Degree, in computer science/engineering, business analytics, information systems, or other related disciplines
- Open Group Certified Technical Specialist - Data Engineering is a plus
- Open Group Certified Architect - Data is a plus
- Alteryx Certification is a plus
- Celonis certification is a plus
- Microsoft Power BI, tableau Certification is a plus
- Microsoft Azure Data Engineering certification is mandatory
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification is mandatory
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architect is a plus
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.