ETIC, Business Intelligence Engineer - Senior Associate
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
You'll be joining our Data engineering, Reporting and Analytics practice, a core part of our Technology, Data & Analytics business unit. We support our clients in delivering a variety of transformation projects across the commercial sector from defining data strategies to helping architect, design and implement modern data and analytics solutions using the latest cloud technologies.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to work across a portfolio of clients, with a focus on large and complex organisations.
You will work in the team that reports to the Data Analytics delivery service leadership team and will be an integral part of the team based in Cairo, as well as those delivering client transformation programmes across the PwC Global Network, including the UK, Germany and Middle East.
- Performance optimization of PowerBI reports
- Enhancing PowerBI reports with row-level security and configuring this functionality
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Creating advanced data processing workflows in Alteryx, with skills in the tool categories not mentioned above (e.g. Predictive, Prescriptive, Spatial, Demographic Analysis)
- Publishing of workflows to Alteryx Server and scheduling workflows
- Creating Alteryx Macros
- Creating SnapLogic pipelines
- Working with DataBricks
- University Degree, in computer science/engineering, business analytics, information systems, statistics, mathematics or other related disciplines preferrably
- Microsoft Power BI Certification is needed
- Tableau Certification is a plus
- Celonis certification is a plus
- Alteryx Certification is a plus
Essential skills & attributes:
- +4 years of experience in a reporting and analytics role, extensive experience in reporting & analytics tools including:
- PowerBI, Tableau, QlikSense, Looker, Foundry or equivalent
- SQL, PowerQuery; Alteryx or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Dashboards and Reports developer using Power BI or equivalent BI tool
- Minimum 2 years of experience with the following tools: Azure Data Platform tools, SQL DB, and Power BI
- Acquiring data and transforming it for reporting in PowerBI and PowerQuery
- Creating calculated, restricted and derived measures in PowerQuery and PowerBI, as well as understanding when to use which approach
- Creating appealing and insightful visualizations and interactive reports, filters in Power BI using information design principles
- Creation of relational data models based on reporting requirements and raw base data
- Standard approaches for data cleansing and to ensuring data quality
- Identification and definition of rules within an ETL process to harmonize, aggregate, filter and transform data so that it can be used for defined reporting goals
- Understanding of statistical modelling, machine learning, or data mining, text mining concepts and a track record of solving problems with these methods to deliver rapid business insight
- Proven programming experience in one of Python, R, Go, SQL or similar
- Proven experience using Excel
- Strong business acumen in relation to analytics, having had experience within at least one business area function (e.g marketing, sales, finance, workforce, procurement etc.)
- Proven experience in requirements gathering and translation
- Extensive experience in handling large, complex data sets
- Analysis of business functionality and needs; translating them into technical requirements and solution designs
- Excellent communication, relationship skills and a strong team player
- Proven ability to transfer technical knowledge to clients and colleagues
- Passionate about analytics and insight, including staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies .
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.