ETIC, Business Intelligence Engineer - Senior Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
As part of our Analytics and Insights Consumption team, you'll analyze data to drive useful insights for clients to address core business issues or to drive strategic outcomes. You'll use visualization, statistical and analytics models, AI/ML techniques, Modelops and other techniques to develop these insights.
You'll be joining our Data engineering, Reporting and Analytics practice, a core part of our Technology, Data & Analytics business unit. We support our clients in delivering a variety of transformation projects across the commercial sector from defining data strategies to helping architect, design and implement modern data and analytics solutions using the latest cloud technologies.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to work across a portfolio of clients, with a focus on large and complex organisations.
You will work in the team that reports to the Data Analytics delivery service leadership team and will be an integral part of the team based in Cairo, as well as those delivering client transformation programmes across the PwC Global Network, including the UK, Germany and Middle East.
As a Data Analytics & Reporting Senior Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the design and delivery of data transformation projects with clients which may include:
- Data platforms, BI and insight, data governance and data strategy
- Leading client relationships including with C-level staff, Heads of Data and Analytics, IT and Data Architects and other business stakeholders during the lifecycle of a project.
- Leading clients in developing their future plans and strategies for data.
- Leading proposals and opportunities with our clients in the market including estimation, proposal writing, commercial options and presenting our proposal to clients
- Leading on initiatives to grow our business through the creation of new innovative solutions and as well as relevant thought leadership
- Taking an active role in coaching and developing skills in the team
- Promoting opportunities to enhance, disrupt and improve the way we work through the use of technology
- Working to increase awareness of our Data & Analytics capabilities across our business and collaborating with a varied set of teams within the firm
Data processing, reporting and visualisation:
- The ability to design and implement data models from concept through to reality, which could include slowly changing dimensions or single customer views
- Analysis of business functionality and needs; translating them into technical requirements and solution designs
- Creation of relational data models based on reporting requirements and raw base data
- Designing optimised and well functioning business intelligence solutions for different business functions (preferably Power BI but will consider other visualisation tools)
- Standard approaches for data cleansing and to ensuring data quality
- Identification and definition of rules within an ETL process to harmonise, aggregate, filter and transform data so that it can be used for defined reporting goals
- Principles of information design to optimise information processing by readers/viewers
- 12+ years of hands on experience of data analytics, visualisation and BI solutions
- Professional experience of data analytics project life cycles with proven experience in managing and delivering end to end projects
- Ability to manage junior team members on technical programmes and coach 'best practice' use of relevant D&A tools
- Experience with Performance optimization of PowerBI reports
- Experience in enhancing PowerBI reports with row-level security and configuring this functionality
- Experience in Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Experience creating advanced data processing workflows in Alteryx (e.g. predictive, prescriptive, spatial, demographic analysis)
- Experience publishing of workflows to Alteryx Server and scheduling workflows
- Experience creating Alteryx Macros
- Experience creating SnapLogic pipelines
- Experience working with DataBricks
- Experience working with cloud platforms or accreditation (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience of working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Presto, Redshift, Spark or similar
- DevOps experience in areas such as Git and Agile development methods
- Experience with AI techniques such as NLP or Neural Networks
- Experience with deep learning tools such as Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNe
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.