ETIC, Cybersecurity AWS Security Engineer Senior Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
About PwC ETIC - Egypt Technology and Innovation Centre
PwC is opening a new Technology & Innovation Center in Cairo that will deliver high quality technology solutions to consulting Clients across the globe. The Centre will provide a broad suite of skills and services to our clients, ranging from Packaged Applications such as SAP & Oracle, to Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Custom Development and Cloud services utilising AWS, Azure and Google, as well as expanding our existing Managed Services capabilities.
The centre is looking to expand rapidly and we are looking for enthusiastic self-starters with a passion for technology and client delivery to help shape and form this new venture.
AWS Security Engineer Senior Manager, core responsibility overview:
- Team leadership - As a senior manager, you lead and guide your team in all important issues and make a significant contribution to the success of projects
- Global orientation - Work with a global mindset with teams based in the UK, Germany and other Middle Eastern Countries
- Project work - Using innovative methods and partnerships with leading vendors, your role involves the following:
- Implement cloud security controls through a combination of AWS-native security mechanisms, third party tools and process automation workflows.
- Advise on and optimise the configuration of client's existing security tools, e.g. AWS Inspector, GuardDuty and Shield, Macie, and others.
- Reduce security vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses.
- Lead on the DevSecOps initiatives to ensure an integrated approach to security by working with internal and client development teams.
- Provide technical support at all stages of the delivery lifecycle, including consultancy to stakeholders
- Capture and share knowledge and ensuring use of documentation within engineering teams
- Build the documentation and automation scripts necessary for the security operations team to take appropriate actions.
- Work with the Cloud Operations teams in the definition and implementation of security standards and best practices
- Industry specialism - You will be developing a strong track record of credibility as a trusted advisor and an expert in Cloud Security Engineering within a specialized industry or sector
- Strong understanding and practical experience in infrastructure and cloud platform security
- Experience in supervising and managing project teams
- Extensive experience with a good selection of AWS security technologies outlined below:
- AWS Security Hub
- Security Operations Services (AWS CloudTrail, Amazon GuardDuty, Amazon Inspector)
- Network Security Services (AWS Firewall Manager, Network Security Groups, AWS Shield)
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM
- Amazon Macie
- AWS Key Management Service (KMS)
- AWS Lambda
- Infrastructure Design and Management (AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Elastic Container)
- Service (ECS), AWS Config
- Familiarity with a programming or scripting languages (i.e. Python) is a plus
- Knowledge of well-known SaaS technologies (i.e. SAP, Oracle) is a plus
- Experience working in agile teams
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience
- Open minded seeking innovative solutions
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment
- Ability to adapt to and communicate with different working styles
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
Essential skills & attributes:
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in infrastructure and cloud security
- Experience in Consulting or in working within multinational environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High level of customer orientation and a convincing demeanour
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Excellent oral and written English skills. German language proficiency is a plus
- University degree, ideally in the fields of Computer and Information Science, Business Informatics, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Management Information Systems
The following Microsoft certifications are a significant plus:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (SAA-C03)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.