ETIC, Cybersecurity Microsoft Security Engineer Senior Associate
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
About PwC ETIC - Egypt Technology and Innovation Centre
PwC is opening a new Technology & Innovation Center in Cairo that will deliver high quality technology solutions to consulting Clients across the globe. The Centre will provide a broad suite of skills and services to our clients, ranging from Packaged Applications such as SAP & Oracle, to Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Custom Development and Cloud services utilising AWS, Azure and Google, as well as expanding our existing Managed Services capabilities.
The centre is looking to expand rapidly and we are looking for enthusiastic self-starters with a passion for technology and client delivery to help shape and form this new venture
Microsoft Security Engineer Senior Associate, core responsibility overview:
- Support - Assist the leadership and management of the new Practice by taking an active role in the delivery team
- Global orientation - Work with a global mindset with teams based in the UK, Germany and other Middle Eastern Countries
- Project work - Using innovative methods and partnerships with leading vendors, your role involves the following:
- Implement cloud security controls through Microsoft-native cyber security technology
- Advise on the configuration of client's existing security tools, e.g. Defender for Endpoint, Defender for Cloud, and others
- Reduce security vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses
- Lead on the DevSecOps initiatives to ensure an integrated approach to security by working with development teams
- Provide technical support at all stages of the delivery lifecycle, including consultancy to stakeholders
- Monitor operational security of environments and respond to threats.
- Build the documentation and automation scripts necessary for the security operations team to take appropriate actions
- Work with the Cloud Operations teams in the definition and implementation of security standards and best practices
- Industry specialism - You will be developing a strong track record of credibility as a trusted advisor and an expert in Cloud Security Engineering within a specialized industry or sector
- Good understanding and practical experience in infrastructure and Cloud platform security
- Good understanding of Microsoft Sentinel and KQL
- Experience and proven record of success in integrating custom connectors with Sentinel using APIs. If you have no direct experience with Sentinel, individuals with good developer skills will be considered
- Experience with M365 Threat Protection technologies including Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft Defender for Identity, Microsoft Defender for Office 365, and Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
- Experience with Azure Security technologies including Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Key Vault, Azure DDoS Protection, and other
- Experience with Information Protection technologies such as Azure Information Protection, Windows Information Protection, and Data Loss Prevention
- Hands-on experience establishing and configuring security controls for Microsoft Azure components (i.e. Defender for Cloud, Azure Firewall, Azure DDOS Protection, Azure Bastion and Sentinel)
- Hands-on experience establishing and configuring security controls for Microsoft 365 components (i.e. Microsoft Purview, Defender for Cloud App, Endpoint, Identity and Vulnerability Management)
- Hands-on experience establishing and configuring security controls for general security solution (i.e. Azure Active Directory, Azure Identity Protection and Azure RBAC)
- Experience with compliance technologies including Advanced eDiscovery, Data Retention, and Insider Risk Management
- Experience with Identity technologies including Azure Active Directory P1 & P2
- Familiarity with a programming or scripting languages (esp. in KQL and PowerShell) is a plus
- Familiarity with Power BI, Power Apps, or Power Automate is a plus
- Knowledge of well-known SaaS technologies (i.e. SAP, Oracle) is a plus
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Open minded seeking innovative solutions
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment
- Ability to adapt to and communicate with different working styles
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.