Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview:
With offices in 155 countries and more than 284,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview:
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has more than 6,100 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 276,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Audit Service Overview:
Creating value that makes a real difference to a client's business is intrinsic to the PwC audit. Quality audits that bring unexpected and far-reaching benefits do not come from an unthinking compliance mindset but from a knowledgeable, questioning, imaginative and insightful approach.
The foundation of the service we deliver is the natural blend of compliance and value. We are experts in the application of audit methodology and audit techniques and use our expertise to bring precision and economy to our clients' audits. We use our knowledge of each client, together with our position as trusted advisor, to match our approach and our solutions to their needs.
Our view of our clients' organisations is broad and deep, and we look behind the numbers to consider what they mean for the business as a whole. We use the audit to explore and think more widely about our clients' businesses and the potential issues they face.
This understanding enables us to offer new solutions to our clients' problems, to help them learn from what has happened and prepare them for, or better still help them avoid, issues in the future.
About the opportunity
We are looking for Associates/Senior Associates to join our Core Assurance practice in Egypt , starting from July 2021.
What you'll create and do:
You'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take on a professional role as part of our client-facing teams.
- Support the development of the audit approach and complete planning procedures.
- Examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as inventory, or plant and equipment, or watch certain processes and procedures being performed.
- Ask a range of questions - from formal written questions to informal oral questions - with a range of individuals at our client organizations.
- Test the client organization's internal controls.
- Assess significant estimates, judgements or assumptions made by management.
- Verify and test financial statements and supporting disclosures.
- Perform completion procedures to support issuance of the audit report.
What you'll bring to this role:
- 1-6 years of demonstrated progressive experience working with a range of external audit clients in a professional services firm.
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives.
- ACCA/CPA/CA/ ACA designation or equivalent designation, or in final stages of completion.
- A strong understanding of IFRS and auditing standards.
- Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards.
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment.
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English is considered an asset.
- Business development and client relationship building.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.