Job description / Role
Who we are:
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing:
• Responsible for analyzing risks and economic trends and guiding the business, to assist in measurement, planning and forecasting of activities and implications on income statement and balance sheet; and to develop, interpret and implement financial and accounting concepts/ techniques for financial planning and control.
• Work closely with operational sales and marketing managers and develop excellent knowledge of the business units' operating environments including market size, industry trends, competitors, brands, margins, retail outlets as well as advertising spend etc.
• Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions Measure, plan and forecast Marketing activities and implications to income statement and balance sheet.
• Develop Financial Strategic Planning as 3-Y Plan, strategic plan, Annual Plan and Quarterly Plan updates Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow on weekly basis to provide corrective actions if necessary.
• Prepare the Monthly Tableau de Bord (TDB), the Budget and the revised Budget TDB from individual company TDBs.
• Prepare analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management. Provide analysis and recommendations on annual and revised budgets, challenge assumption and propose revisions.
• Arrange, observe and control the PandL, balance sheet and Interest rate parity (IRP) and recommend action.
• Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
• Build and manage a comprehensive KPI's model (Financial and Business) in line with Company's objectives and captures all relevant info needed to manage the business.
• Run a GAP analysis to maintain financial standards as budgeted and process revisions.
• Prepare operating budgets based on previous figures or estimated revenue and expense reports.
• Review actuals against the budget performances and prepare reports explaining budgets deviations.
• Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance Take the data generated by the Accounting Department (input) and transform it into meaningful management information.
• Analyze and follow-up of all management and financial indicators.
• Provide Internal Control, ensure compliance with all Group Policies and Procedures and assist departments in running their businesses.
• Support monthly closing process, preparation of journal entries, compilation of financial statements and analysis of financial activity.
• Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of business, finance, and economic theory, to drive continuous improvement of financial reports and to evaluate their impact on the business.
• Provide analytical support to various treasury or cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects.
• Participate in new projects by processing simulations for new joint ventures and preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and PandL.
What you'll need to succeed:
• 4-6 years of experience in same position.
• Fluent English
What we can offer you:
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply :
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.