Food Safety Manager
Nestle Middle East
Job description / Role
Company: Nestlé Egypt
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment - passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
The Food Safety Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of food safety requirements and guidelines within Nestlé Egypt factories, while maintaining a high level of efficiency and training staff to drive continuous improvement.
A DAY IN THE LIFE ...
- Ensure adherence of category-specific company standards and policies as well as local laws and regulations for all products produced across all categories.
- Ensure compliance to food safety and external requirements (national and international).
- Drive compliance using the Nestlé Integrated Management System, deliver and update all required Food Safety SOPs.
- Ensure cascading of emerging threats and trends in food safety topics and strategies to mitigate risks .
- Ensure Quality and Food Safety requirements are met in any innovation and re-innovation projects.
- Provide input to support root cause analysis and problem-solving during crisis, incident, and near miss management.
- Support the route cause analysis and initiatives to eliminate defects related to food safety.
- Ensure adherence to surveillance plans and pathogen monitoring design/optimization for all category plants.
- Lead communication and cascading of actions to prevent food safety issues, ensuring they are taken into consideration during HACCP updates with the food safety team and have periodic reviews with HACCP teams.
- Lead food defense and food fraud related activities in factories.
- Track CCP/OPRP deviations as well as pathogen monitoring deviations and provide improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the product release process is done in a timely manner according to Nestlé Quality standards, and that product release criteria are met after evaluation and verification take place.
- Develop the Food Safety team through training and coaching.
- Enforce Quality and Food Safety Mindset by driving a competency building plan to factories' community based on competency risk assessment.
What will make you successful...
- Bachelor's degree of Food Science, Pharmacy or Agriculture.
- At least 6-10 years of experience.
- HACCP, Food Safety, Auditing and Pest Management experience is required.
- FSSC 22000 lead auditor is required.
- ISO 9001:2015 lead auditor/awareness is required.
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- SAP User is preferable.
- Experience with facilitating trainings.
- Fluent in English.
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.