Job description / Role
Job Description Summary Role Summary/Purpose
Drive the total GE Healthcare business for Northeast Africa - Egypt, Libya and Sudan through cross-functional horizontal leadership and development of the commercial teams. The role holder will define and implement GE Healthcare's commercial strategy across GE Healthcare business in the assigned geography and optimize use of resources to cover market potential, with the challenge of achieving growth set in the annual Operating Plan and leading all GE Healthcare sales activities & P&L for NEA.
Key Responsibilities and essential functions include but are not limited to
- Full commercial responsibility for the GE Healthcare business for Northeast Africa.
- Provide strategic and organizational leadership and direction, encompassing total responsibility for the entire GE Healthcare P&L.
- Drive specific commercial strategy for GE Healthcare to achieve business goals, with focus on high impact, strategic sales initiatives within the geography.
- Lead strategy, design, & execution of commercial effectiveness by identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing related needs.
- In coordination with stakeholders, develop and implement an integrated business plan that includes key strategies, tactics, financial objectives, budgets, channel structure (direct and indirect), resource deployment, etc.
- Analyze financial performance against plan and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Map commercial capabilities of eco-system to support the team in gap analysis & improvement planning.
- Lead the development and presentation of the Commercial Strategy/Playbook to ensure any specific requirements for the geography are incorporated into GEHC product plans.
- Ensure the analysis, development, and communication of key market and customer trends.
- Help driving consistency and impact of marketing programs to improve OneGE face to customers.
- Effectively leverage key industry information and market knowledge to gain competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Build strong, long-term relationships with customers, provide leadership and direction where there are crucial customer interfaces.
- Leverage necessary parties to strengthen the external image of the business with luminaries and thought leaders.
- Communicate with passion to engage senior management to develop solutions to maximize GE Healthcare results in the geography.
- Leverage teams' capabilities for executing complex, cross-business deals combining products and solutions across all business units.
- Be personally engaged in leading the biggest, most strategic deals within the geography.
- Build and manage strong account teams. Lead through them to obtain outstanding performance from the whole team.
- Drive the organizational and cultural changes needed to support the teams.
- Be a role model for boundary less collaboration and GE Healthcare People Leader behaviors both internally and externally.
- Actively manage and develop all levels of the Commercial staff, both direct and indirect reports, and support the company's talent development and management approaches.
- Ensure that all commercial personnel are aware of and operate according to GE Healthcare's compliance and business code of conduct policies.
- Promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with applicable EHS policies and procedures.
- Education at bachelor's degree level.
- Minimum 15+ years of in depth experience in Business Management, Sales, Marketing in leadership positions within the industry with in-depth knowledge of healthcare market.
- Experience in structuring large, complex, strategic deals.
- Strong business acumen with ability to analyze financial needs accurately and establish budget effectively.
- Proven leadership and ability to orchestrate resources and motivate teams.
- An inclusive leader who builds a connection to the workforce through personal involvement and trust.
- Proven ability to influence and drive change through exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills; able to present ideas and communicate to customers and team in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Understanding of customer/marketplace and drivers that influence customer behavior.
- Talent for ensuring satisfied customers by providing value-added products and services.
- Ability to resolve complex issues within area.
- Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated tendency to challenge the status quo and drive continuous process improvement, through problem solving and lean mindset, while meeting/exceeding business and organizational goals.
- Fluency in Arabic and English language
Quality Specific Goals
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies
- Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or Country / Int'l Law is broken
- Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy,
- configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs.
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.