Government Business Development Executive
IBM Middle East
Job description / Role
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
In this role, your key objective will be to add value to client's digital transformation journeys in public sector by helping them define strategies to address their business challenges and priorities their technology investments and setting the roadmaps. This objective requires the ability to create a detailed understanding of client objectives and challenges by building value statements, leading the design of effective solutions and taking the lead as a client trusted advisor driven by industry deep knowledge and market conditions. Your role is to identify and win new customers to IBM Consulting, own end to end sales and deals by playing a primary role in go to market, you will have a large support network from solution teams, account teams, other technology lines and business partners of IBM and will coordinate these teams towards the common goal of creating the best solution for the client. You will also oversee client engagements' successful delivery and clients' satisfaction and build effective relationships with the C-suite of your clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Brings industry competitive perspectives to clients to add value and influence their vision and roadmap, Act as client advisor to bridge the gap between business and technology
- Identifies, develops and progresses significant Transformational and Open Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Platform deals using proactive market screening & strong contemporary skills in Cloud, AI and Analytics
- Proposes innovative ideas that capture clients' attention and demonstrate industry expertise
- Anticipates future industry trends and builds the ecosystems to support clients' transformation
- Designs the go to market strategy to Public Sector and leads its execution internally and externally with IBM Consulting's partners and alliances
- Build strong relationships with Customer's C-suite
- Participates in shaping the solution and negotiations and be fully responsible for the client satisfaction throughout the deal making process till closure
- You will evangelize IBM Consulting offerings for Public sector
- You will understand the client's strategic needs, business objectives, and then lead the formulations of proposals and statements of work which are aligned with customer expectations
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven experience in business development
- Excellent understanding of hybrid cloud, Red hat, AI and Data
- Proven track in Sales, Alliance Management, Customer management and execution, solution knowledge/differentiators, strong collaboration and teamwork, exec communications, and negotiations
- Proven market understanding and building relationships in Public sector with deep understanding of government procurement laws
- Proven experience in building business cases and ROI analysis
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent understanding of hybrid cloud, Redhat, AI and Data
- Languages required: English
- Min 15 years of experience in IT consulting
- Program management experience in complex environments, multi-cultural teams, several vendors
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.