Job description / Role
m2r Education are working with this COBIS accredited school in Cairo who need a Head of Primary to join by Jan 2020.
The school admits pupils from Pre-Foundation through to 6th Form and follows the National Curriculum for England and Wales for all foundation and core subjects, as well as the Egyptian Ministry of Education Curriculum for Arabic, Religion & Social Studies.
The Junior School is from year 1 to year 6 –with 723 children in total. They have two phase leaders (one responsible for year 1 – year 3 & one responsible for year 4 – year 6), plus a year group coordinator for each year group and a class teacher and co teacher in each class.
Located away from the main hustle of Cairo, it is on a purpose built facility with a design that has taken into account the education, social and recreational needs of the pupils. The teaching resources are the most up to date that are available and are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure a high level of quality control.
• Ensures that all children entering the Junior School are assessed in a manner appropriate to the Year Group to which they are entering.
• Ensure that parents and pupils are well-informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress and about the contribution that they can make to achieving the school’s targets for improvement usually via the website or newsletters
• Ensure a consistent and continuous school-wide focus on pupils’ achievement, using data and benchmarks to monitor progress in every child’s learning
• Monitor, evaluate and review classroom practice and promote improvement strategies to ensure that under performance is challenged at all levels and ensure effective corrective action and follow up is undertaken
• Devise and implement strategies which secure high standards of behaviour and attendance
• Ensure that learning is at the centre of strategic planning and resource management
• Ensure a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all pupils can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning
• Implement and sustain effective systems for the management of staff performance, incorporating appraisal and targets for teachers, including targets relating to pupils’ achievement
• Plan, allocate, support and evaluate work undertaken by groups, teams and individuals, ensuring clear delegation of tasks and devolution of responsibilities in a manner consistent with their conditions of service, ensuring a reasonable balance for teacher and other members of staff, in work carried out in school and work carried out elsewhere
• Has overall responsibility for the team of Co-Teachers. Monitors the performance of the Co- Teacher Lead.
• Organises weekly training sessions for the Co-teachers with the help of the Deputy Heads.
• Provides the new Teaching Assistants with a Training Course ending with an examination.
• Ensures the Teaching Assistants are assessed on a regular basis which go towards an accurate annual appraisal
• TO £3800 per mth (Dept on Exp)
• Free transportation to and from work
• Subsidised medical insurance
• Subsidised schooling (50%)
• Housing allowance
• Flights, visa
• Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Jan 2020 start
GBP 3,000 to 3,800 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: (Dept on Exp) + housing allowance, flights, visa, medical, schooling
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area / BEd
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in working with students in the relevant age group.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience ias a Head of Primary / Junior School
• Experience in an international school is preferred but not essential.
• Experience of the British education system is essential.
• Experience in raising achievement and setting aspirational targets is essential.
• UK passport holders
About the Company
Established in 2001, m2r Education is a multi award winning UK based firm offering a quality and ethical recruitment service to overseas organisations within the education & training sectors.
Our clients are viewed as valuable partners and include international schools, FE colleges, HE institutions, independent training centres and corporate organisations. Our aim is to develop long lasting relationships and help them grow by providing the best talent possible via an excellent customer experience.
Our candidates are treated with respect and professionalism at all times. We genuinely want to help and will advise you on your next overseas move. Having core values centred on integrity and quality, we will always do our utmost to help without pushing positions forward which are not necessarily suitable.
This is why we have won over 6 international business awards, been used as case studies by the British Government and received glowing references from those that have experienced our service.