Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We life in an era of remarkable change and opportunity. You have the chance to join the most modern platform IBM offers - the IBM z (mainframe). As an enterprise Pre Sales Architect, you will partner with customers, Business Partners, ISVs, our sales team and several other regional and global IBM teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient IBM z architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of IBM software and services on the platform.
The IBM Z Software Pre Sales Architect is a key and active member of our Cloud sales organization in Egypt & North Africa and responsible to meet/exceed client expectations and key business measurements.
In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a small set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions and pre-sales architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to modernize existing workloads.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of IBM z within enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology pre-sales. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical and you should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
The world's economy runs on IBM Z. As the world continues to evolve, so too does the platform, including ground breaking technical innovations like pervasive encryption as well as ensuring IBM Z extends to be part of the most relevant technical ecosystems, leveraging API's, DevOps and Operational Analytics. In addition, IBM Z is expanding its delivery model to include leading as a Service offerings such as the IBM Blockchain Platform, built on top of IBM Z.
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of IBM z hardware, software and services
- As a key member of the our Cloud sales organization in Egypt & North Africa and responsible to meet/exceed client expectations and key business measurements.
- Establish long-term relationships with clients, business partners and ISVs.
- Become a trusted technical advisor with key client stakeholders (e.g., CIO, CTO, COO, LOB Executives).
- Demonstrate the value of IBM z solutions and offerings to customers.
- Deliver outstanding business results by identifying and progressing opportunities
- Provide proactive, technical counsel to customers key IT executives on technical strategy, innovations, direction, solutions and projects around IBM z solutions
- Lead Solution Design on complex deals in order to deliver client value, satisfaction and loyalty from pre-sales through delivery.
- Accelerate Client Innovation and assure clients gain value from application of new technologies, such as CAMS, Cognitive, existing IBM strategic technologies and Industry solutions
- Provide your customers access to IBM's global technical and innovation expertise, i.e.: the wider technical community and research/development labs to ensure appropriate technical coverage of business opportunities
- Lead brand technical sellers in all efforts to take wallet share from competitors, especially in strategic, growth areas.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of IBM Systems especially IBM Z and z/SW Portfolio software solutions.
- Experienced Technical Sales profession with 10+ years of related experience in technical sales leadership roles and coaching IBM z architecture and solution sales required.
- Ability to drive and influence Stakeholder across organizational boundaries through negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience working with partners and ISVs
- Passionate for technology. Constant and contagious desire to learn new technologies (e.g. Blockchain, Cognitive, Security) is required
- Collect business and technical information from clients regarding requirements and play key role in composing, researching and delivering responses to RFPs.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep understanding the IBM z ecosystem
- At least 3 years' experience with Software Sales in IBM with prior experience in a creating, negotiating large software deals at IBM
- Experience migrating, transforming and modernization of legacy software solutions
- Familiarity with common enterprise frameworks (TOGAF, etc.)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on IBM z
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.