Job description / Role
IFS - Finance - Country Finance Officer - Senior Associate - Cairo
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
The country finance support forms a key team within the One Finance community for PwC Middle East. The team is responsible for all day to day finance operations in Egypt and Libya.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required. Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
- Responsible for daily finance tasks arising locally in country including country finance processing requirements (e.g. cash forecasting and review of Accounts Payable and Vendor Management activities).
- Custodian of country finances including reconciliation (e.g. bank and vendor) and reporting.
- Supporting the Cluster Finance Leader to oversee the country and provide task management / support as required.
- Ensure all country finance matters are addressed and promptly responded to.
- Hold the Finance petty cash which is used to meet emergencies and prepare the reconciliations for petty cash kept by other departments.
- Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country.
- Coordinate with the Cluster Finance Leader for monthly closing of accounts and finalising monthly accounts.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare standardised reports or summaries, and other documentation required for the function and as directed by the Cluster Finance Leader.
Learning & Growth
- Finance experience in a global business
- Opportunity for continued professional study and development
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Qualified Certified Accountant (e.g. CPA, ACCA) or similar required
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic with excellent communication skills.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management and decision making skills
- Thorough with an eye for detail
- Capability to work well in a team
- Skilled in developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships both locally and remotely
- Passionate about customer service
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.