Job description / Role
IFS - Office Management - Receptionist Fixed 9 Month Contract - Cairo
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Administration
Job Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You'll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
To operate switchboard and handle reception area activities. Serves as the first point of contact with the firm and the office for visitors and callers. Handle all internal and external inquiries and carry out
administrative activities of the front office.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to the allocated budget for the administrative function of the office
- Greet visitors and make sure all callers and visitors are dealt with promptly, courteously and accurately
- Ensure visitors are made comfortable, met on a timely basis by their host, shown to the appropriate room and assisted with parking if relevant.
- Operate the switchboard
- Screen and route incoming telephone calls, take messages, and answer incoming queries
- Maintain visitor and caller logs
- Receive deliveries and coordinate outside delivery/courier services with the help of Office administrators
- Answer queries from visitors and callers, and refers them to the appropriate person
- Perform general maintenance of the reception area
- Manage incoming and outgoing faxes (may be performed by Office Administrators in certain locations)
- Ensure mail and faxes are distributed to the appropriate person accurately and in a timely manner (may be performed by Office Administrators in certain locations)
- Book meeting rooms and collaborative space and maintain tidiness (may be performed directly online in certain locations)
- Support office manager in events planning and organization
- Act in accordance with regulations
- Perform other administrative duties as required
Learning and Growth
- Work towards being a high quality internal service provider and ensure that all administrative support requirements are being met
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills,and abilities
- High school certificate (equivalent) or Bachelor's degree
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage, French is a plus
- 0-1 years of experience in front desk or receptionist role
- Experience with a professional services firm is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a professional telephone manner
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrated team player
- Must possess a warm, friendly and professional demeanor
- Basic PC skills on excel and word
- Basic keyboard skills (at least 25 wpm)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.