Job description / Role
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as world-class e-commerce.
Amazon is looking for a smart and driven Instock Manager to join our Retail team in Egypt. The Instock Manager will be responsible for leading forecasting planning, buying execution and operational improvements projects, serving as key point of contact in Instock Management for a product segment or multiple ones.
The role will have responsibility for identifying opportunities to simplify and automate tasks, ensuring inventory systems and processes are meeting the needs of the business and implementing controls around them. The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
The Instock Manager will be responsible for tracking and managing metrics on product availability, inventory health, selection and vendor performance for key vendors. The successful candidate possesses strong analytical acumen, with experience generating reports, and analyses. The position requires an individual who supports decisions in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail. The candidate continuously learns and contributes to knowledge management.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Deliver product availability increase and selection growth
· Lead collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment processes with Retail teams and suppliers
· Work with responsible Vendor Managers to meet the business demand plans via assessing deal and opportunity buys
· Recommend and drive action plans to increase inventory turns
· Perform root cause analysis/reporting on Commercial Supply chain / operational issues, develop action plans and manage improvement
· Develop yearly plan for segment of vendors to improve operational performance like Purchase Order Confirmation Rates and Vendor Delivery Lead Time
· Solve daily operational issues in contact with other Retail stakeholders and Operations teams
· Work with internal teams to drive system, tools and process improvements / implementations that affect purchasing and vendor management workflow, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually
· Develop analysis of key business metrics, with emphasis on developing and executing recommendations for improvement
· Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or similar Supply Chain/Operations discipline
· Highly analytical, flexible, action and results oriented, and comfortable with computer databases and tools
· Strong ownership, data analysis, problem solving skills
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
· Good proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Retail, Purchasing or inventory management in e-commerce or offline
· 2-4 years of work experience in a full-time position
· Experience leading process improvement, systems development, and project management
· Business Reporting/SQL experience
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.