Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
About the role:
- Design and build of complex solutions for a web application (end-to-end), preferably in an insurance domain.
- Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP), microservices architecture design, build and implementation.
- Experienced with event-driven frameworks such as Kafka, Catapult (AWS SNS, SQS, DynamoDB), RabbitMQ, or IBM MQ or any similar technology.
- Design and implementation of container-based REST APIs using container frameworks like OpenShift, or Docker.
- Experienced with DevOps continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling eg Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. and ability to perform developer-owned Devops tasks.
- Estimating T shirt at epic level and story points at story level.
- Leading and representing the team in planning and estimating activities.
- Automated testing, Test driven development (TDD).
- Agile methodology.
- Leading code and design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning at a team level.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Strong drive for Clean Code, Automation tools, Design improvements and Code quality (via Unit testing).
- Overseeing and governing coding best practices and design patterns.
- (JMS), Java 2 Connector (J2C), Object/Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA), Java Data Objects (JDO), etc), Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
- 0 to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Technology Stack experience:
- Java/J2EE, Spring , Spring Boot Services
- AWS - SNS, EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, SQS, Lambda
- DynamoDB, OpenShift, Docker
- RDBMS databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server, AWS, RDS
- Gitlab, Github or any similar tool, Branching and Merging Strategies
- Hibernate, Jenkins, APIgee, JSON, JSF, XHTML, Tools like Kibana, new relic or similar logging and monitoring tools
- BDD, TDD. Unit Testing Frameworks (JUnit),Performance testing, API tests, Contract and Component level Testing
- Basic Linux, Frontend/UI Dev experience, Automation Testing, Devops tools
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.