Job description / Role
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Follow the monthly closing process and the related reporting.
- To insure the correct application of IFRS 15 in the monthly reporting and also the FS.
- Cost control and deviation and budgeting.
- Coordination with other project departments (including Spain) in financial issues oriented to improve processes and achieve project goals.
- Client relations (invoicing and collection follow up), with the help of new person join Thales to be in a direct contact with the customer
- Audits follow up(Internal and External)
Work Experience Requirements
- Years Of Experience 3-5 in accounting/ controlling
- Acquainted with SAP, IFRS application
Qualification, Certification & Educational Requirements
- Graduated from Faculty of commerce
- Language : English (Fluent)
- Mastering Microsoft Office (EXCEL,PPT,WORD)
- IFRS Diploma (preferable)
- Good communication skills
- Can work under pressure
- Accept team diversity
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.