Job description / Role
- Performing quantity surveying activities related to the electrical scope of work in design projects, including performing quantity take-offs, developing construction cost estimates, Bills of Quantities and technical specifications.
- Supporting the tender process, including the development of responses to tender queries related to the Electrical Sections of Bills of Quantities, evaluation of contractors' submissions and the preparation of tender analyses reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience
- Interpret Electrical drawings (Power, lighting, lighting control, low current systems, installation details, earthing and lightning protection) and coordinate with other the design team and other departments.
- Interpret design brief and criteria, installation manuals, single line diagrams and datasheets.
- Microsoft Office (EXCEL) for BOQ.
- Develop Electrical Specifications.
- Good command of using CAD, REVIT, and other supporting computer design tools
- Very Good command of English language writing & speaking
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).