Job description / Role
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
SAP is looking for a commercial lawyer to support all legal matters affecting the SAP business in EMEA South. The lawyer will work within a Global Legal Team and the successful candidate will be based in the SAP offices in Cairo.
The required legal advice will range across cloud, software licensing and consulting contracts, and general legal topics.
The successful candidate will:
- Report to the Vice-President, General Counsel for EMEA South and work closely with the legal team in EMEA South.
- Act as the primary negotiator for complex commercial contracts with SAP customers and partners and provide trusted legal advice to SAP's executives.
- Ensure that company business strategies are applied in recognition of legal implications and risks.
- Ensure that all contracts are in compliance with SAP's legal, contractual and business processes and policies.
- Report legal disputes, legal aspects of customer escalations, and interact with outside counsel as necessary.
- Contribute to the overall success of SAP's business and be recognised as a business partner with an understanding of SAPs business objectives and cloud strategy.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships and partner with account executives and sales managers.
- Work closely with the SAP's Office of Ethics & Compliance, and ensure an appropriate level of internal governance is in place in relation to transactions and other business activities.
- Understand and work according to the commercial pressures of a sales business in a high-pressure environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A qualified lawyer in a jurisdiction in EMEA South (knowledge of English law an advantage) with excellent working knowledge of Contract Law and Data Protection Laws with a minimum of 2- 4 years post admission experience.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (oral and written).
- Fluent in Italian or Spanish is an advantage.
- IT and IP legal experience is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Data Privacy and Data Protection Laws such as GDPR.
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts with customers.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and cope well with pressure (including quarter-end pressures).
- Works independently and creatively (whilst keeping critical stakeholders informed), collaborates well with different parts of the global organisation and responds effectively to SAP's sales and management teams.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.