Job description / Role
Maintenance Improvement Manager Metro - Cairo F/M M/F
RATP Dev, a subsidiary of the RATP Group, ensures the operation and maintenance of urban and interurban transport networks in 12 countries through over 110 subsidiaries. With over 18,000 employees and the expertise and backing of a global leader in public transportation, our subsidiaries provide performance, dynamism and reliability to our customers and passengers to their networks.
RATP Dev in the Middle East will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
The Maintenance Improvement Manager is in charge of applying the operational policy defined in accordance with the Maintenance and Mobilization Directions. The purpose of this role is to manage improvement in the Maintenance department and to manage the Improvement Maintenance unit including document control, asset management system, continuous improvement & project.
The duties to be performed by the Maintenance Improvement Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- In charge of all improvement activities as proposed in the contract
- To manage Improvement in the Maintenance Department
- To work with Project Department
- To exchange with Project Department about Maintenance improvement
- To activate MMS in Cairo L3
- To define the strategy of spare part for maintenance department
- To implement EAM such Maximo
- To improve effectiveness and optimization of asset management in Maximo
- To assess & improve internal document (e.g. procedures, work instructions etc.) within Maintenance Division
- To compile legal requirements (e.g. Standard, government gazette etc.) required for all maintenance activities
- To implement 5S and lean manufacturing standard
- To review and continuously improve the Maintenance Plan and Manuals
- To implement and follow-up the FRACAS process through Maximo
- To ensure that strategies and plans are developed to meet all divisional objectives and continually improve the standards of maintenance.
- To ensure all environmental and safety rules are respected and alert Executive Maintenance of any environmental and safety issue.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned.
Experiences and Competencies Required
- Master Degree (Mechanical / Electrical Engineering)
- General technical knowledge
- Lean manufacturing
- Team Management
- Railway knowledge
- EAM such Maximo
- At least 15 years' relevant experience in Railway industry
- Spent at minimum 10 years in the maintenance environment and project.
- Have an experience in the change management culture
- Have an experience in the improvement methods and quality
- The position is based in Cairo (Egypt).
- Railway systems expert
- Management skills
- Ability to communicate with staff of all levels
- Ability to supervise and control
- Possess analytical and critical ability
- Possess leadership quality
- Negotiation and decision-making ability
- Innovative, creative and strategic thinking
- Possess self-drive and enthusiasm
- Problem solving ability
- English - fluent in speaking, reading and Arabic native speaker preferred
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.