Manager - HR Specialist Delivery
Standard Chartered Bank - UAE
Job description / Role
The Role Responsibilities
The Specialist Delivery (SD) main role is managing HR operations, providing strategic and consultative services to various functions in HR including Head of HR. The SD team provides technical and specialized services within HR operations and also helps in implementing any newly developed HR products and services. The role is responsible for implementing Group HR policies & procedures specific to HR operational activities, ensuring alignment with Local Regulatory requirements in country and the delivery of Staff Benefits over the Staff lifecycle with the bank and that spans over the full employment cycle from hire to retire.
The Job holder will be accountable for all HR operations whether managed in Country or outsourced with internal or external vendor. SD team needs to ensure accuracy & timeliness of all HR operations to ensure positive impact to staff who are our internal clients. Ensuring Regulatory compliance with respect to all SD activities is an important aspect of SD role.
* Develop expertise in all SD matters, acting as a trusted adviser to HR team and staff in Egypt on HR operational matters.
* Drive and advise on complex project implementation in Country factoring local policies & procedures impacting HR Specialist Delivery activities.
* Establish relationships with HoHR and Country COEs to implement any HR policies & procedures and to align local market practice with that of the Group.
* Drive simplification of HR processes to ensure enhancement of service level from customer perspective.
* Participate in the Specialist Delivery leadership forum.
* Support Head of Specialist Delivery AME to implement the comprehensive short-term and medium-term plans for simplifying complex HR operational activities in the countries under Non GCC cluster.
* Support network and cross boarder business initiatives between country and representative offices.
* Collaborate with HoHR to achieve excellence in the implementation of HR products and policies across business functions, seeking to improve functional understanding of these in order to drive business performance and employee motivation.
* Drive all HR operational activities for Egypt, in line with Group guidelines and Regulatory requirements acting as a point of contact for the HR team.
* Support HoHR and Head of Specialist Delivery - AME to reduce vendor costs and ensure service level with respect from client's perspective.
* Manage HR statutory payments as per agreed process & timeline.
* Improve effectiveness of all HR Operational activities including Payroll & Manage Bebefits.
* Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in HR SD activities by technology enhancements, migration to GPS or process improvements.
* Looking internally and externally for best practice to focus on quality improvement at all times.
* To understand specialist delivery challenges and work collaboratively with SD managers in the region to resolve challenges.
* Review HR Knowledge Management Articles on MyHR and update where required.
* Review of HR DOIs, redesign where applicable as per group minimum standards.
* Monitoring regulations issued by all local regulators like social security department, ministry of labour, tax authority, etc. and consult with appropriate counsel who can provide expert advise when needed.
* Manage all HR Vendor management activities related to Egypt ensuring full compliance to the guidelines and country regulations.
People and Talent
* Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
* Promote & embed a culture of openness, trust & risk awareness where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
* Ensure to have the appropriate skills and tools to be able to provide an effective partnership and work in collaboration with country HR team and to GPS teams.
* Role model valued behaviours, leading by example.
* Accountable for HR SD - related risks in Egypt
* Proactive risk management; remain vigilant in identifying and managing forward-looking risks, flagging potential problems to relevant stakeholders in advance of issues arising.
* Ensure all specific Operational Risk (OR) and Compliance requirements related to SD are met in Egypt.
* Support statutory and internal audits, as appropriate.
* Act to minimise operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to issues once they have arisen.
* Support Implementation of Operational Risk Management framework in HR function.
* Timely completion of the controlled sample tests as applicable.
* Facilitate audit / compliance review for Specialist Delivery and ensure remedial actions are implemented timely.
* Create a culture of "continuous compliance" and "audit readiness" for HR operations areas.
* Drive the conduct agenda in alignment with group priorities to promote desired behaviours.
* Drive a culture of continuous improvement, learning from past failures to ensure constant control and governance awareness and prevent reoccurrences.
* Embed, display exemplary conduct, and live by the Group's Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
* Governance over GPS on the country activities as per the SLAs.
* Ensure 100 percentage coverage of the POIs including signoff by the country.
* Ensure the regulatory/appropriate approvals of country activities transitioning to GPS.
* Governance of local HR vendors as per the agreed governance framework (as applicable)
* Adequate management and oversight of outsourced activities as applicable.
* Support HR operations at Standard Chartered Egypt as appropriate.
* Compliance with applicable laws and regulations, effective Service level and risk management.
* Timely escalation and mitigation of outsourcing risk and exposure.
* Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
* Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
* Understanding of regulatory reporting requirements and having the necessary DOIs in place.
* Responsible for delivering 'effective governance' and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
* Comply with Central bank, labor law, social security and tax regulations.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the Egypt Specialist Delivery work to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients and The Right Environment
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Ensure adherence to all Central Bank of Egypt Regulations
* Head of HR Egypt
* Head of HR Middle East (Ex UAE)
* CMT members.
* Regional and Group HR/ PRB teams.
* GPS teams.
* HR vendors.
* Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Egypt; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal candidate
* Holds a bachelor's degree in human resources, Business Management or any business Discipline and preferably hold a professional HR certification like CIPD or SHRM
Role Specific Competencies
* Deliver planned operational efficiency through migrations and upgrading of team
* Implement an operating rhythm that provides an opportunity to freely interact and exchange ideas within the SD team
* Identify pain areas in current processes and use of system rather than manual process resulting in enhancing employee experience.
* Improve the quality of Services provided by HR Vendor and the Hub Location
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
* Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
* Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
* Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
* In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
* Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
* Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
* Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
* Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
* A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
* Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
* Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Our Ideal candidate
* Holds a bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management or any business Discipline and preferably hold a professional HR certification like CIPD or SHRM
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.