Manager - HR Specialist Delivery
Standard Chartered Bank - UAE
Job description / Role
The Role Responsibilities
The Specialist Delivery (SD) main role is managing HR operations, providing strategic and consultative services to various functions in HR including Head of HR. The SD team provides technical and specialized services within HR operations and also helps in implementing any newly developed HR products and services. The role is responsible for implementing Group HR policies & procedures specific to HR operational activities, ensuring alignment with Local Regulatory requirements in country and the delivery of Staff Benefits over the Staff lifecycle with the bank and that spans over the full employment cycle from hire to retire.
The Job holder will be accountable for all HR operations whether managed in Country or outsourced with internal or external vendor. SD team needs to ensure accuracy & timeliness of all HR operations to ensure positive impact to staff who are our internal clients. Ensuring Regulatory compliance with respect to all SD activities is an important aspect of SD role.
• Develop expertise in all SD matters, acting as a trusted adviser to HR team and staff in Egypt on HR operational matters.
• Drive and advise on complex project implementation in Country factoring local policies & procedures impacting HR Specialist Delivery activities.
• Establish relationships with HoHR and Country COEs to implement any HR policies & procedures and to align local market practice with that of the Group.
• Drive simplification of HR processes to ensure enhancement of service level from customer perspective.
• Participate in the Specialist Delivery leadership forum.
• Support Head of Specialist Delivery AME to implement the comprehensive short-term and medium-term plans for simplifying complex HR operational activities in the countries under Non GCC cluster.
• Support network and cross boarder business initiatives between country and representative offices.
• Collaborate with HoHR to achieve excellence in the implementation of HR products and policies across business functions, seeking to improve functional understanding of these in order to drive business performance and employee motivation.
• Drive all HR operational activities for Egypt, in line with Group guidelines and Regulatory requirements acting as a point of contact for the HR team.
• Support HoHR and Head of Specialist Delivery - AME to reduce vendor costs and ensure service level with respect from client's perspective.
• Manage HR statutory payments as per agreed process & timeline.
• Improve effectiveness of all HR Operational activities including Payroll & Manage Bebefits.
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in HR SD activities by technology enhancements, migration to GPS or process improvements.
• Looking internally and externally for best practice to focus on quality improvement at all times.
• To understand specialist delivery challenges and work collaboratively with SD managers in the region to resolve challenges.
• Review HR Knowledge Management Articles on MyHR and update where required.
• Review of HR DOIs, redesign where applicable as per group minimum standards.
• Monitoring regulations issued by all local regulators like social security department, ministry of labour, tax authority, etc. and consult with appropriate counsel who can provide expert advise when needed.
• Manage all HR Vendor management activities related to Egypt ensuring full compliance to the guidelines and country regulations.
• Accountable for HR SD - related risks in Egypt
• Proactive risk management; remain vigilant in identifying and managing forward-looking risks, flagging potential problems to relevant stakeholders in advance of issues arising.
• Ensure all specific Operational Risk (OR) and Compliance requirements related to SD are met in Egypt.
• Support statutory and internal audits, as appropriate.
• Act to minimise operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to issues once they have arisen.
• Support Implementation of Operational Risk Management framework in HR function.
• Timely completion of the controlled sample tests as applicable.
• Facilitate audit / compliance review for Specialist Delivery and ensure remedial actions are implemented timely.
• Create a culture of "continuous compliance" and "audit readiness" for HR operations areas.
• Drive the conduct agenda in alignment with group priorities to promote desired behaviours.
Our Ideal candidate
• Holds a bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management or any business Discipline and preferably hold a professional HR certification like CIPD or SHRM
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.