Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Business Valuation Manager you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Modelling and Economics network of specialists who deliver high quality solutions on values creation through each phase of a decision-making support process.
EY has an established industry leading Valuation and Modelling and Economics practice. We advise our clients in addressing their strategic planning, transaction and non-transaction related decision making process including strategic planning, identification and assessment of value creation, financial reporting, market valuation for transactional purpose, feasibility assessments etc.. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Manager within Valuation Modelling and Economics team in MENA and based in Egypt, you are likely to spend your day-to-day working on commercial issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process or transformation plans and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities.
- You will be a key point of contact for the clients, and will also have a vital role in coaching and developing junior members of the team. As a Manager, you will ensure quality deliverables through the supervision of analysts and consultant, and managing engagements. In addition, you will have an important role supporting Directors/Partners in business development initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategic - you will help clients identifying source of value creation and quantifying it. You will need to have a solution-oriented mind-set to act as a truly Corporate Finance advisor to leverage on EY capabilities and assist clients in solving their issues and unlocking potential for value growth.
- Commercial - as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition, divestitures or restructuring and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings;
- Regulatory and Accounting -you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements, provide fair value opinion for financial reporting purpose;
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 6 years of related business valuation work experience or within the corporate finance spectrum.
- Solution driven individual and "out-of-comfort" zone thinker with demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
- Autonomous with demonstrated experience in handling and developing clients' relationship, proactive in reporting to Director/Partner
- Previous business valuation, capital allocation, portfolio optimization, feasibility assessment experience
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Financial modelling skills including experience building models from scratch as well as modelling reviews.
- Broad understanding of IFRS standards related to fair value measurements, business combination, impairment testing etc.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous valuation and corporate finance experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm or top tier investment banks
- Previous experience in coaching teams of junior and senior staff
- Financial modelling experience
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA or an MBA in finance from a recognized provider.
- Willingness to travel in the MENA region
- Arabic fluency is a plus.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offer's
- Competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us
Building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.