Job description / Role
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf. Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you're having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Main Job Purpose:
The site EHS Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. S/he works with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local EHS Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable EHS excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core Key Performance Indicators.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Deploy the global/cluster EHS strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results.
- Manage the EHS teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results.
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls Reduce the site's environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions and water & energy consumption.
- Lead the EHS Pillar in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever BBS Program and support deployment in the site.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever PSM Program (if applicable to the site PS risks) and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS).
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management.
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national EHS legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health.
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis.
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations.
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behavior observations and deep compliance audits.
- Develop and deploy internal EHS auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organizations as required.
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
Key Competencies & Skills:
- University degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent industrial experience required.
- Advanced degree in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability preferred.
- At least 5 years' experience in Health, Safety and/or Environmental in a manufacturing setting.
- Prior Managerial experience.
- Project Management exposure.
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing and Process Safety
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.