This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
Linum Consult’s client is a major global contractor, currently seeking an experienced TBM (Slurry) Method Engineer for the construction of two tunnels under the Suez Canal.
The TBM Engineer will have a proven track record in Slurry TBM. The job is to based in Ismailia Egypt with a rotation of 8 weeks on 2 weeks off.
• Coordinating the day-to-day operational aspects of the project tunnelling team and the scope of work
• Collaborating with the project’s representatives from other functions to ensure alignment to the project and standards
• Participating in the project team to ensure alignment; resource allocation and collaboration on common problems and solutions
• Within the project; sharing expertise; building skills and capability to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the tunnelling team
• Creating an environment where people are unified in their efforts to improve performance
• Engaging, managing and motivating a tunnelling team who come from various backgrounds and nationalities
Our client will pay a lump sum amount to the successful candidate plus flights + local accommodation + local food + medical.
• Degree qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering or an equivalent qualification
• At least 8 years’ tunneling experience on similar projects at a similar scale and complexity.
• Experience of working on Slurry Tunnel Boring Machines
• Strong history of working for main contractors
• Fluency in both written and spoken English. French would be a plus.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.