Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling- To build, To design, To engage, To consult, To think along with clients and stay proactive and To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems with those amazing Procurement skills? If so, lets talk.
As a Procurement Buyer will be responsible for delivering several procurement processes that support the department delivering excellent customer service. This is a critical role that enables the operations of the department to run as efficiently as possibly enabling managers to focus on strategic property and procurement.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Receives PR and Converts to Purchase Orders.
• Indirect Procurement Purchasing activity and support sourcing team.
• Support queries from Client /stakeholder, internal IBM.
• Transmits POs to suppliers and Expedites delivery when needed/requested.
• Manages goods/services claims and escalation point for customer queries.
• Amends or closes Purchase Orders, Reporting activity.
• Handle queries received from Business Requestors, Suppliers, and Procurement Managers and from Accounts payable.
• Create reports on Open PO, Blanket PO expiration report, Contract's Expiration report and other reports in the required format with good quality.
• Maintain updated records on processed transactions.
• Able to manage priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and accomplish goals
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
• Good interpersonal interaction and able to work well with the team and Client stakeholders.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 0 to 1 years of relevant experience in Customer Support, Inquiry Management
• MS Office is must
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
• Gathers and analyses information skillfully.
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
• Responds promptly to customer needs
• Responds to requests for service and assistance;
• Meets commitments.
• Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.