Job description / Role
Operations Director - LRT
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.?
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of the new Light Railway Transit line and the Cairo Metro Line 3 plus its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for our new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
The Operations Director (OpD) for the new Light Railway Transit line will have to guarantee the operational performance of all the activities of operation of the of the subsidiary transport network, following the conditions required by safety & security of operation, availability of equipment, quality of service, safety of goods and people, in accordance with the contractual requirements and the commitments made to the organizing authority of transport.
- Deliver the timetable, including management of trains cleaning and fleet maintenance to enable improvement in regularity and reliability in line with the goals of the O&M.
- Review timetable delivery performance to enable service delivery standards to be continuously improved.
- Manage the delivery of on train customer service;
- Ensure on-board train announcements are made to ensure customers are appropriately informed on train running, particularly during disruptions and special events.
- Identify & control operational risks in train running and put in place control measures to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Improve the Operations Department's effectiveness in the management of occupational, health and safety.
- Investigate all accidents and incidents occurring within Metro boundaries.
- Liaison with the responsible parties of train control, train crew rostering & signalling, track maintenance activities and fleet maintenance activities.
- Develop and implement plans to improve the cost efficiency of the Operations Department to meet agreed levels of financial performance.
- Participate with senior management in directing and leading the business in setting strategies and objectives.
- Lead initiatives to improve the alignment and job satisfaction for employees.
- Personnel, who manage, perform and verify work affecting quality, railway safety, workplace safety (OH&S) and impacting on the environment shall:
- Ensure staffs under their control are aware of their responsibilities relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformance relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
- Identify and record problems relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions to issues relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
- Engineering qualification in any stream and Post graduate in Management or
- Candidates with relevant railway/Metro experience - graduates in any discipline and post graduate in Management will be desirable.
- English language
- Defining medium and long term strategies for Operation of the lines
- Drafting operation rules & procedures
- Drafting training documentation
- Management skills
- Minimum 20 years' experience of extensive proven senior management experience preferably gained in a railway operation or similar environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing contracts and a large operational workforce.
Benefits & how to apply
Competitive remuneration available, please register your application directly on our careers page.
Other requirements for the role
DESIRED BEHAVIOURS & EXPERIENCES:
- Demonstrated high level of communication and negotiating skills.
- High level strategy, leadership and financial planning skills.
- Sound awareness and understanding of political and industrial constraints and issues.
- Possession of high level of interpersonal skills.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable.
- Railway Core systems management skills.
- Timetable management skills.
- Knowledge of fleet and infrastructure maintenance and servicing requirements.
- Demonstrated capability of developing innovative solutions to manage sensitive industrial relations issues.
- Excellent, planning, conceptual and consultative skills. Effective co-ordination.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines.
- Well adept at planning and time-management.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.