Job description / Role
Solution Support Center (SSC) is a premium support service offered by Oracle's Advanced Customer Services (ACS). SSC provides the customer with a highly personalized advanced level expert reactive and proactive support on Oracle products like database, engineered systems, applications, middleware etc.
Reactive support includes helping the customers resolve their critical production issues in the quickest possible way and identify the root cause.
Proactive support includes performing technical assessments of customer environments, applied research, advice on product features and usage, providing knowledge transfer sessions; help implement new features and options, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and solid troubleshooting experience in all areas of Oracle database technology.
- Assist customers in their overall Journey to Cloud.
- Ensure Oracle cloud technologies are leveraged appropriately using best practices.
- Support database solutions around multi-cloud and hybrid cloud setups.
- Advanced level skills in RAC, ASM, Performance tuning, HA, Backup and Recovery Experience in one or more of the following technical areas is a plus: Oracle Security products, Oracle Golden Gate, Exadata, Super Cluster, ZFS, ZDLRA.
- Good Experience in Oracle GoldenGate & troubleshooting skills.
- General Oracle Database Administration tasks .
- Experience in database upgrades, migrations, installations, and patching
- Good knowledge and experience on Oracle Database Backup and Recovery (RMAN).
- Experience on Oracle Database High Availability, Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Implementation and Maintenance of Oracle Database Disaster Recovery, Data Guard.
- Expertise in Oracle Database Performance Tuning.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager - Cloud Control / Grid Control.
The below skills and experience would be a plus:
- Oracle Exadata - Database Machine Administration (DMA).
- Oracle Exadata - implementation / configuration.
- Oracle Exadata - full stack patching.
- Experience on ZDLRA, ILOM, Hardware/DIMM replacement activities.
- Good understanding of Server, Storage, Networking infrastructure.
- Good understanding of Linux Server operating system, including scripting and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Cloud Observability and Management platform (O&M).
- Oracle Security is must.
- Strong Communication, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand application of new technologies.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical issues
- Willingness to work in shifts and on weekends
- Great problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale. Not only must you able to identify, analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems using appropriate tools under constraints, but able to handle with utmost professionalism without compromising customers' satisfaction.
- Will have strong customer-centricity mindset and the passion to work in Service Support line of business including to provide preventive support and proactive advice
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated, self-directed and take initiative to collaborate and synthesize with members locally or globally across different geographical time zone.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 Years' experience as an Oracle database engineer/DBA
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills. Candidate will be working remotely with high-profile customers around the world.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.