Job description / Role
Who is Customer Success Services ?
First of all, the People. Customer Success Services (CSS) has more than 8000 senior technical experts globally, most of them engineers. Each of them comes with a wealth of experience in Oracle technology. Most are in long-term engagements with their customers and thus gain a unique understanding of their platforms, requirements, and business needs .
CSS is a global organization, operating in 100+ countries for 20+ years, with a wealth of customers across all industries Thousands of customers around the globe rely on Advanced Customer Services for high performance and the efficient operation of their most critical business processes on Oracle environments.
The CSS Cloud solution architect provides strategic solutions and architectural designs supporting the delivery of customer solutions within the Oracle Stack (Infrastructure, Cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), networking, Middleware, applications and Database) and contributes to the development and implementation of IT plans and roadmaps in line with the overall customers Business needs (SLA/SLO) and IT strategy. Working closely with the customers Program Management and Architects to ensure alignment between business change, IT architecture, technical solutions, business resources and processes.
- Analyzes business needs to help ensure the Oracle cloud solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen
- Define, document, maintain, provide advice on, and be the Oracle cloud solution authority for, the customer's cloud architecture to ensure that customers make informed decisions regarding scope to achieve beneficial solutions cost effectiveness, quality and reuse.
- Providing technical guidance on cloud solutions to customer and other Oracle project team members to underpin successful project definition and delivery.
- Produce high-level designs including service, component, business rule, system and technical infrastructure definitions to underpin successful project definition and delivery.
- Ensure that high level cloud designs meet customer's architectural and technical strategy
- Define, document, communicate, and maintain the target cloud architecture for the customers IT application, data and infrastructure including any transition architectures to ensure that the customers current and future needs will be met.
- Undertake research, investigations and developments in Oracle cloud technology in an appropriate way, and communicate the findings to the relevant interested stakeholder groups to inform business decisions.
- Working closely with the TAM/Project/program manager to ensure that the individual work streams that form the overall cloud solution are technically managed and designs and plans are maintained to reflect the customers agreed solution
- Ensure Oracle cloud technologies are leveraged appropriately, that customer impacts to people, processes and technology are understood; and to resolve issues that have cross project or system scope
- Liaises with presales as to proposed solution, and ensures early ACS engagement.
Required Skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Technology, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field with experience of architectural/design principals
- Experience in working with multi-cloud solutions.
- Hands on skills administrating and implementing solutions using OCI platform and all associated tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of OCI, workload migration techniques, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, scaling and high available architecture.
- Understanding of systems, network, storage, identity and web technologies is a must.
- Knowledge and use of REST APIs.
Preferred Skills and knowledge:
- 10+ years' experience in combined roles of enterprise or technical architecture, cloud platform development, cloud strategy, IT strategy, or infrastructure.
- 3+ years' of experience with "on-premises to cloud" migrations or IT transformations.
- Hands-on experience with adjacent technology areas including Security, Identity / Access Management and Monitoring.
- Experience leading others in a large, highly complex and ever-changing organization, preferably in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Good technical knowledge across a broad range of none Oracle products.
- Knowledge of the IT system installation lifecycle.
- Experienced in standard architectural approaches, techniques, tools and frameworks such as TOGAF
- Certified in architecting cloud solutions
- Certified in IT service management such as ITSM, ITIL, TOGAF (Is a plus).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks . This is a senior-level position provides consistent high quality and innovative solution leadership to a project team. Leads the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
You will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of digital transformation projects, owning the technical engagement with the customer and solution design, to the planning and implementation.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.