Job description / Role
Advanced Customer Support (ACS) is a business unit within Oracle that establishes long-term enhanced support and managed service relationships with many of Oracle's largest customers.
ACS Service Solution Architects (SSAs) are enhanced support and managed services presales subject matter experts. ACS SSAs work closely with the ACS sales teams during sales opportunities, interacting at senior levels within existing and new Oracle customers, using their deep experience of IT support and managed services to capture customer requirements, fully explore all potential options and build compelling service propositions. The SSAs are focused on service solutions for Oracle cloud, on-premises and hybrid engagements, including leading edge and complex custom requirements.
ACS SSAs typically have a proven track record in successful delivery of IT services for mission critical environments and are experienced in services presales scenarios. They possess broad-based expertise in the area of mission critical production operations, support and managed services, along with sound industry experience in areas such as IT infrastructure, database, applications and cloud technologies. ACS SSAs has experience in standard service management (ITIL, DevOps etc) and project management best practices.
In addition to broad-based experience of IT services and technologies, each individual SSA typically has a deep expertise in specific services or technology area, and acts as the subject-matter lead in those areas within the team.
The ACS SSAs should have experience of service commercial propositions with regard to pricing, approvals, legal and contracting.
All ACS SSAs have extremely strong customer facing presentation and interaction skills, are capable of engaging at senior management and C-level and articulating service and technology solutions in terms of business value and risk.
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Geographic area of responsibility: Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Reports to: Director - CSS MEA Service Solution Architecture
- Languages: Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic language capability required
- Customer facing
- Has no direct reports, but often leads and/or guides the activities of virtual teams to build service solution propositions for customers
- Works with multiple customers across all sectors/countries in the ACS MEA region, in collaboration with Oracle ACS and Oracle cross-line-of-business (xLoB) teams
- Works on services related opportunities across the entire lifecycle of all Oracle cloud and on-premises products. ACS opportunities typically involve extensive Oracle xLoB collaboration, and require the ACS Service Solution Architect to work within xLoB teams, covering enhanced support, operations and managed services requirements
- Works with the local ACS Sales and xLoB teams to:
- Identify, build and win leading edge/new logo services opportunities across existing and new Oracle ACS customers
- Use their IT services expertise to work with customers to identify a complete picture of services requirements, and use their IT services experience to validate that all appropriate options have been considered
- Build and articulate compelling ACS service solutions for each opportunity, addressing identified customer business needs
- Work with our service delivery teams and SMEs to ensure the service requirements, risks and costs associated with each ACS service proposition are fully understood and addressed
- Provide services subject matter expert input into contract and commercial documentation and negotiation
- Assist ACS to continue to achieve its growth targets and strategic initiatives
- Work with appropriate Oracle Partners, i.e. resellers, SIs, partners, and alliances
- To identify, foster and define Oracle ACS services solutions for specific customer opportunities and assist in the sale alongside the ACS sales representative
- Work with the customer, ACS management and the xLoB account teams to:
- Understand the customer's business and IT strategic requirements and identify large scale ACS opportunities to assist the customer achieve its strategic goals
- Gather and assess customer needs, both business and technical and translates these into ACS service solutions
- Build and lead virtual teams associated with these large scale opportunities
- Effectively communicate with customers to be able to articulate both the high level principles and detail of all service components in a proposed customer solution
- Build customer loyalty through achieving a trusted advisor relationship
- Work proactively to build and leverage an effective and extensive network across Oracle xLoBs - be seen, respected and in demand across Oracle as a high value asset and an SME in service solutions
- Collaborate effectively internally and externally to ensure effective service solution design and development
- Drive compelling proposals, presentations, and other customer and internal communications and discussions during opportunities
- Drive service solution costing & pricing associated with specific opportunities and ensure that service solutions proposed are appropriately shaped to meet the commercial and contracting requirement of Oracle
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the IT services competitive marketplace
- Work with disparate groups including, but not limited to, sales, delivery, customers, risk management, business development, contracts, commercial, product management
- Work with ACS delivery throughout the sales cycle to ensure a smooth transition from sales to delivery
- Navigate Oracle internal tools and processes to effectively participate and enable ACS sales
- Transfers knowledge to other participant roles on the deal, account teams, delivery and across the ACS Service Solution Architect community
ACS SSAs has 10+ years of experience in relevant IT services, across a wide range of technologies and customer sectors.
A typical experience profile for successful individuals in this role would include most if not all of the following:
- 10+ years of IT services, including significant direct experience of services roles within external IT services providers
- Broad understanding of typical enterprise applications and IT infrastructures including public and on-premises cloud, including but not limited to Oracle technologies
- Experience of working in a services presales role within an IT services provider
- General experience in IT services, service operations and service management, including managed services/outsourcing
- IT project and programme management experience, including transformation, migration and solution deployment projects
- Commercial and contract management, including construction and negotiation of pricing and custom contracting for complex service offers
- Sales and complex deal negotiation
- Architecting, implementing and delivering complex service solutions for a range of mission critical IT environments
- Consulting and trusted-advisor roles within major customer organisations in relation to IT services
- Proven ability to construct and deliver compelling presentations and propositions audiences
- Driving multiple IT services bids in parallel
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.