Job description / Role
Oracle Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is looking for Advanced Service Engineers (ASEs) to deliver proactive and reactive technical support to customers. The Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is a unit within Oracle's Customer Service Organization that enables long term advanced support relationships with many of Oracle's largest customers.
The ACS Advanced Service Engineering organization consists of a diverse, highly skilled, and specialized team Advanced Support Engineers (ASE) who bring deep technical expertise in the entire Oracle Product and technology set.
As integral part of a global Organization, the ASE will be working within an international environment and contribute to global technology driven initiatives or innovation programs for continuous service improvements. Regular training is available and required to maintain an up to date knowledge of latest developments of Oracle products and services.
For this position, we look for an experienced, talented and self-motivated Advanced Support Engineers to work onsite or remotely from customer premises mostly in the Cairo area. Occasional travel across the country and sometimes outside of Egypt may be required.
Working as a ES Specialist this position is part of the ACS Delivery organization. The role is focused on Production operation support for Oracle Infrastructure products, mainly deployed on Oracle Engineered Systems Platforms but also in SPARC platforms, and on Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) or Cloud at Customer (ExaCC) deployments.
- Client-specific and proactive support of dedicated ACS customers to ensure operational excellence of Oracle Infrastructure & Platform deployments on premise, in the Cloud or both
- Act as a trusted technology advisor for our ACS customers with a deep knowledge of the customer's requirements and environments
- Maintain effective professional relationships within the global ACS practice, with Oracle Technical Account Managers (TAM), Oracle Product Support and customer staff at various levels
- In close cooperation with the Technical Account Manager, act as a customer advocate within the Oracle eco system
- Customer solution architecture advice and reviews, conceptual support (e.g. Security, High Availability, Performance, maintainability)
- Technical assistance with installation & Configuration, health checks, applying best practices for modern IT environments
- Performance assessments and tuning assistance
- Proactive Upgrade and Patch Management advice Implementation planning
- Advise customers on product evolutions and features, avoidance of predictable issues
- Lead to innovation by Knowledge Transfer, prepare and deliver technical workshops or training, designed to educate customers or peers on technology related updates
- In close collaboration with Oracle Global Customer Support, deliver critical technical support tasks, connected or onsite, e.g. issue reproduction and resolution, testing and validation of fixes
- Facilitate root cause analysis for product problems and identify method of resolution
- Provide and verify workarounds or patches
- Resolve complex or previously unknown issues, requiring deep technical expertise and strong interdisciplinary teamwork
- Interact with key customer personnel to enhance collaborative problem solving
- Follow through escalation management as required
- Research and respond to technical enquiries
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- At least 5 years' hands-on experience in working with Oracle Database and Infrastructure products, in particular Oracle Engineered Systems including Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer (ExaCS and ExaCC) or comparable platforms
- Advanced OS Administration skills with Unix / Linux (Oracle Linux or Red Hat Linux) are essential. Solaris and Solaris-Cluster skills are a plus
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, operation and administration for one or more Oracle Cloud / Platform and Infrastructure products, preferably Oracle Engineered Systems (Exadata, ODA, BDA), Oracle Private Appliance (PCA), or cloud deployments with Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer (ExaCS and ExaCC) or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Knowledge and experience is associated storage options, ZFS Storage appliance, ZFS Storage-Pool
- Knowledge on implementing and maintaining related Oracle products: Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Oracle Grid Infrastructure, Enterprise Manager OEM, Grid Control, Oracle VM / KVM, Oracle Directory Server
- Will add a plus to have solid knowledge and experience on the following topics:
- Networking products and technologies: Network switches, Networks protocols, Network Security (firewalls), load balancers. Cisco CCNA and or similar certifications
- Backup and Recovery projects. RMAN,. ZDLRA (Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance) and Oracle ASM (Automatic Storage Management)
- Experience on automated deployment tools (DevOps)
- Experience as Oracle DBA is an additional plus
- Excellent analytical skills and systematic practical orientation
- Self-motivated and resourceful, self-education attitude
- Distinct receptiveness to technical innovations
- Strong communication skills in Spanish and English verbal and in writing
- Good presentation and documentation skills
- Work as a team-player and demonstrate own initiative
- Ability to work unperturbed under pressure in escalated situations
- Effective communication with appropriate hierarchy levels
- Demonstrate ownership of complex (escalated) issues or problems
- Excellent Incident and Problem Management skills.
- Flexibility to work within a "Follow the Sun" global shift rota, covering local OR non-local day-time hours, including holidays and weekends, on a rotational basis
- Ability to be "on-call" support as part of an on-call rotation shared across team members
- Willing to travel for long tasks or high frequency
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.