Job description / Role
Are you geared towards building relationships that continuously delight your customers? Are you excited about making history and driving significant impact? Amazon hires the world's brightest minds and offers them an environment in which they can invent world class solutions and build outside the box thinking partnerships for our customers. If you are looking for a marketing role where you can flex your innovative partnership ideas as well as your analytical skills, join Amazon SA marketing team where you will oversee marketing partnerships and make history.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative and analytical Partnerships and Business development Manager who is skilled at building new marketing programs from scratch, and iterating on those marketing programs that already exist. As the SA partnerships and associates manager, you will create value for partners, associates and customers.. The right person for this role will be able to join the team and provide recommendations based on current data, manage existing partnerships, action new partnership opportunities, and create processes that streamline cross-team efforts.
The ideal candidate will have previous partnerships experience, as well as experience working with cross functional stakeholders. He or she will have a high innovation and analytical bar as well as a deeply creative mindset with the ability to investigate complex challenges and find innovative solutions that are adapted to the SA customer needs.
• Lead negotiations with key external partners and associates, delivering value to both the partner and Amazon
• Be the EG single threaded owner for marketing partnership and associates business development opportunities
• Innovate and implement ‘test and learn’ strategies on a case by case base to drive engagement with partners, customers, scaling strategies globally upon success
• Identify, onboard and manage exclusive new partners and associates
• Own partnerships metrics end-to-end and present updates to senior stakeholders
• Own the partnerships execution end-to end from prospecting, negotiation, legal contract signing (working with the legal team), on-site marketing execution, creatives management with the design team, accounting consolidation (with the accounting team) and reporting
• Build yearly and quarterly plans and forecasts for EG partnerships
• Work thoroughly with legal team to optimize the partnership agreement and reduce barriers resulting lengthy negotiation.
• \Create and scale innovative associates initiatives across different segments (Content & Blog, Deal, and Coupon sites, Ad networks, price comparison shopping engines), and specially influencers.
• Identify, recruit and manage associates accounts.
• Track, measure, and report on channel results, reporting weekly, monthly and quarterly KPIs and translating analytical findings into actionable insights and concise business actions and recommendations
• Developing and owning relationships with internal Marketing teams at Amazon to understand their roadmaps and assess opportunities.
• Native Arabic speaker
• 8+ years of professional experience in marketing, e-commerce, FMCG or within a demanding corporate environment
• Strong analytical background and attention to detail with ability to use data to measure performance and determine improvements
• Proven marketing and communication skills
• Proven project management skills
• Clear evidence of managing and motivating a team, both direct and indirect reports.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Strong and persuasive verbal and written communication skills (English and Arabic), including a successful track record in engagements with government and media.
• Strong organizational, managerial, and communication skills, with proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results.
• University degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or any other related field of study.
• From scratch' idea generation and follow through
• Proven history of external partner engagement
• Have strong knowledge of the EG market and existing relationships
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.