Job description / Role
Oracle Communications Global Business Unit (CGBU) represents Oracle in the Telecommunications industry. Oracle CGBU is responsible for the development, marketing, sales and consulting for Oracle Communications specific products, and leads Oracle's strategy in the communications industry.
The Oracle Communications portfolio consists of the following products:
- Diameter Signalling Router
- Performance Intelligence Center
- Session Border Controller
- Signalling Transfer Point
- Policy and Charging Router Function
- 5G core network
As Oracle is playing a key role in the implementation of VoIP and SBC networks around the world, we are looking for a consulting professional who has good understanding of solutions, telecommunication protocols (SIP, RTP, Diameter, HTTP), and high level technology designs (SBC, IMS, VoLTE or telco architecture). In this position, the engineer will be part of the Oracle Consulting Team and work with our SBC product portfolio and technologies.
As a member of the Delivery team you will follow standard practices and procedures to analyze situations/data and deliver functional and technical solutions on applications and technology installations. Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and practices. Implements Oracle products and technology in various industries to meet customer specifications.
What You'll Do
- Deployment and Integration of Oracle Communications network products and solutions.
- Provide in-depth technical support to: account managers, sales representatives, partners, system integrators and the end customers.
- Configure, troubleshoot Oracle CGBU network systems (OC-SBC, OC-SR, OC-OM, OC-SDM and related systems) on site as well as provide follow-on support for open issues.
- Prepare or help preparing project related documentation (High/Low Level Design Document, Test Plans, etc).
- Prepare or help preparing customer facing technical content and information about Oracle CGBU network solutions.
- Work with the Technical Support teams to transfer knowledge of the customer's configuration and network topology
- Work with the Development teams to identify best solution or address issues identified within the deployment phases.
What You'll Bring
- BS/MS degree in computer science or other technical subjects, or equivalent level of hands-on experience.
- 4-8 years of consulting or industry experience relevant to this position.
- Demonstrable technical experience in telecommunications industry.
- Base knowledge of IP networks, their protocols and how they interact.
- Knowledgeable in IP telephony protocols (SIP, SDP, RTP and unified communications).
- Some experience in working with Linux or relevant *nix OS environments is welcome.
- Good social skills to build professional and reliable customer relationships is a must have.
- Focused, result oriented and able to work in distributed international teams.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.