Job description / Role
Objective of the job:
IBM is seeking highly motivated individuals with comprehensive commercial procurement and client facing or consulting experience to join our team of procurement professionals. Specifically we are looking for procurement professionals to join IBM's Global Procurement team in support of the IBM Procurement Services business area. Strong verbal and written English and German skills are required.
The Operations Executioner is responsible for order fulfillment transactions and full buyer purchase order placement. The scope also covers other additional activities like alterations and blocked invoice resolution, order related help request handling. The details of the job-scope are provided below:
Review requisition requirements
- Support transactional requirements for given category scope.
- Work efficiently with requester/client when additional information or clarification is required
- Determine appropriate source from Sourcing Feed Database and contact supplier for price and delivery if needed
- Procurement of low value purchases when less than clip level as defined in Sourcing Feed Database
- Escalate to appropriate Category Tactical Buyer or Category Manager when appropriate
- Efficient processing of purchase orders and knowledge of SAP application and other client based applications
- Use Req Tracker application when necessary to ensure all client requisitions are quickly and properly routed for resolution
- Consult Sourcing instructions to understand commodity strategy, preferred vendors and price to be used.
- Knowledge of all client specific processes and procedures
- Initiate new supplier set up.
- Receive and handle email/fax/call help request from client in timely and professional manner
- Resolve blocked invoices and Interface with support teams, clients and suppliers on supplier and payment issues in conjunction with Tactical Buyer and/or Category Manager
- Ensure full quality compliance and audit readiness of all purchasing documents
- Work with Tactical Buyer and Category Manager to ensure tight linkage across sourcing and operations teams
- Expedite Orders and follow up on deliveries when required
- Support hands-free strategies if required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Apply strong oral and verbal communication skills (English and Arabic)
- Apply collaboration/teaming techniques
- Perform in matrix organization
- Perform time management
- Apply Knowledge of Data Analysis
- Apply Knowledge of Business Organization and Processes, Work instructions
- Apply Knowledge of Commodity Strategy
- Apply Business Control Requirements
- Apply customer satisfaction skills
- Apply client facing skills
- Profound knowledge of local markets is an advantage
- FCGM experience is an advantage
- Ariba experience is an advantage
- Sens of initiative, efficiency and motivation
- Capacity to work under pressure in seasons
- Create Requisitions / PRs in Ariba
- Familiar with procurement use of Ariba to buy products / services
- Validation of Requisitions in Ariba to make sure the UOM , commodity code etc is
- Requisition health check and PO creations
- Supplier PO acknowledgment
- Ability to create Contracts in Ariba
- Ability to set up Catalogs in Ariba
- IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Project Management
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Early Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.