Job description / Role
MondelÄ“z International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are stronger through our diverse, inclusive and connected community and bring our values and commitments to life!
Join us for an exciting career opportunity in the Procurement function, in the capacity of Procurement Specialist, Direct Materials - Egypt. This role is based in the Cairo BU.
The role of the Procurement Specialist Direct Materials- Egypt is to act as a point of contact towards the internal customer for Procurement related questions. The incumbent also supports the local purchasing requests in collaboration with the Spend Area management organization. Responsibilities also include working with business, end users, or Master Shoppers in given countries and acting as a valued and trusted Business Partner.
Day to Day Operational or Project Management responsibilities:
- Act as the single point of contact (SPOC) for the Procurement function for Egypt
- Be the face of the source-to-pay process to in-country leadership/ISC and other stakeholders
- Facilitate or form a link between the local users or Master Shoppers and the Procurement organization
- Build up solid information sharing and collaboration routines with local Supply Managers to facilitate effective cross-functional interactions for direct/indirect materials
- Act as first escalation point for local business users or Master Shoppers related issues and drive resolution in line with regional and global Procurement policies
- Verify purchase request quality if contacted by Regional Procurement Centre (RPC), align with end users or Master Shoppers on missing specifications, check e-sourcing feasibility and provide info or contact the Regional Procurement Centre (RPC) to assign Spot Buyers to work on purchase request execution
- Coordinate local contract implementation tasks with Spend Area teams
- Gather local internal customers' requirements
- Provide insights on local supplier market
- Identify with stakeholders any local legal requirements that necessitate an adaptation of the contract
- Support local supplier qualification assessment
- Support the development of the contract implementation plan
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in relevant area of study
- 2 years' experience in Procurement in a Multi-national FMCG industry
- SAP experience is a plus
- Customer Relationship Management
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
- Fluency in English & Arabic.
- Proficiency in MS office.
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||1 Oct|
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||16 Oct|
Procurement Officer - Construction
|Abu Dhabi||18 Sep|
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||7 Oct|