Job description / Role
The Procurement Supervisor has responsibility for leading and coordinating day-today operations of Procurement. You will direct and coordinate the procurement of materials, components, supplies, and services essential to the operation of a product group. This includes identifying and implementing best-in-class sourcing practices which align to corporate objectives. You will provides leadership, mentoring, and training as well as supporting centralized company procurement policies and practices.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Review purchase order requisitions for completeness and accuracy
- Issue request for quotes to approved suppliers
- Prepare and issue purchase orders
- Negotiate best value and monitor order progress maximizing OTD performance
- Actively communicate with internal and external contacts
- Drive improvements in lead time, cost and customer service as well as proactively responding to changing customer demands
- Insure compliance to export requirements and Trade Compliance policies
- Assist Accounts Payables in the resolution of problems associated with invoices.
- Work closely with the onsite team and assigned regional buying teams to identify standardization / efficiency opportunities and share best practices.
- Balance delivery of day to day activities with proactively identify and resolve issues and concerns
- Perform other duties as assigned with highest standard of business ethics while conforming to the company's Quality and Procurement Policy, as well as other applicable policies and procedures
- 5-7 years experience in Supply Chain Management
- Experienced in Material Resource Planning (MRP)
- Adaptable to change and responsive to direction.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization, customers, and vendors.
- Experience with developing contracts and negotiations.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, cost and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- CPM or CPIM certification
About the Company
A multinational oil & gas company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||22 Mar|