Job description / Role
After Market Services (AMS) is a team whose scope starts when a customer is thinking about returning a product. We aim to help the customer avoid the return, and when this is not possible, simplify the returns process for the customer and reduce the associated loss by maximizing recovery. AMS key goal is to positively impact both customer experience and retail margin by reducing returns, maximizing asset recovery and minimizing operational costs. As guardians of the after-sales experience, we are dedicated to providing a leading customer experience to:
The Amazon customer - We recognize that a positive returns experience is an important reason for customers to repeatedly purchase from Amazon. As such, we aim to provide a best-in-class returns experience through fast and easy-to-understand processes at a minimum cost. This is done through Online returns center at amazon website. In addition, we aim to identify and close service gaps to meet customers’ needs and expectations.
- GLs - We take ownership of the overall recovery of customer returned inventory through all disposition channels and thus contribute to achieving GLs’ margin goals.
- Fulfillment centers - We monitor unsellable inventory levels and strive to keep them at a minimum level in order to save space and support FCs’ productivity metrics.
- Vendors and liquidation customers - We take ownership of the customer experience for our B2B customers, including liquidators and vendors receiving returns from Amazon.
As a Program Manager in After Market Services Processes, you will look after program results and process roadmaps based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with retail, operations, design, finance and executive teams to optimize recovery processes while raising the high CX bar.
- A successful candidate will be highly analytical and will thrive in complexity.
- The candidate will able to work effectively in a matrix organization and has exceptional communication skills.
- They will be able to focus on the details without losing sight of the bigger picture and the real needle movers.
- They are never satisfied with the status quo, have excellent program management skills, are able to work across teams, geographies and achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation skills, influence and leadership skills are all essential.
- Ensure optimal quality and yield of the customer returns process and standardization.
- Finding quick and pragmatic solutions for operational issues.
- Establish processes and create and refine KPIs that measure performance of the processing entities.
- Identify key process weaknesses, develop solutions, and drive the necessary changes across marketplaces with various stakeholders.
- Provide new initiatives across multiple marketplaces to make sure we build robust and scalable processes that will accommodate the expected growth of the business and continuously improve customer experience.
- Building on existing practice, always look to develop consistency wherever possible and appropriate and share best practices.
- Partner with business and other stakeholders across the organization to drive strategic initiatives through leadership and influence.
- Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve the goals and objectives of both your team and the broader organization
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Engineering, or similar field is required.
- Previous experience in Consulting, Operations, Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, working knowledge of SQL or Tableau or similar software
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence, including the delivery of cross functional projects
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Reverse Logistics Experience
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.