Job description / Role
Project Planner - Egypt
- Delivery Managers, Bid Managers, Project Managers § Project Team
- The bid / project client
- Regular liaison with Bids & Project Management (BPM) function § Occasional liaison with other business functions, including Sales & Marketing, Engineering, Technical, Finance, Commercial, Legal, Quality, Health & Safety, Operations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain, develop & communicate the integrated bid / project plan in the designated planning tool set including all contract deliverable milestones, internal milestones, invoicing and sales milestones in accordance with the Thales Procedures. § Monitor the integrated set of bid / project schedules, costs, and resources in accordance with the company timetable, procedures and working practices and cost structure and Work Break-down Structure. § Undertake and coordinate the formal update of bid / project schedules, interdependencies, resource allocations budgets and financial status.
- Provide effective planning support to the management of transition from P3e to P6. § Generate the overall critical path across the integrated set of bids / projects and reconcile issues, making recommendations to assist in the recovery of slippage, where applicable. § Undertake Earned Value calculations, where applicable, to support bid / project performance forecasting. § Analyse resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of the Forward Load extraction. § Undertake all baseline and change control activities associated with the schedules including regular local archiving of the associated database(s). § The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a Project Planner position within Thales.
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks (professional only):
- Schedule - Primavera plan established § Schedule - Primavera plan maintained § Schedule - Recommendations made to optimise delivery
Values & Behaviours:
As a minimum standard these should be consistent with the descriptions of Thales values and behaviours:
- Customer Trust
- One Team - One Thales
- Developing our people
- Accountable and committed to excellence
- Agile and Innovative
- Educated to Diploma (HND) level in a subject with clear relevance to project management.
- As a minimum Level D Professional accreditation with the Association for Project Management (or equivalent level of professional accreditation).
- Experience of providing a bid / project planning service within a medium to large organisation. The experience is required to demonstrate;
- A thorough understanding of planning techniques - for example; the application of critical path analysis, work breakdown structures etc…
- A high level of proficiency in the use of project planning tools and standard business administration software.
- Commercial awareness that demonstrates useable knowledge of how conditions of contract are applied.
- A track record of excellence in progress Reporting and KPI Production.
- Strong service delivery ethos and orientation
- Excellent technical project planning skills with proficiency in common project planning tool sets (such as Primavera, SAP).
- Proficient in Earned Value Management techniques
- Effective at operating across functional and departmental boundaries (working in a matrix style organisation)
- A strong understanding of the need for governance in bid / project management and the ability to uphold governance requirements.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise without the requirement for regular direct supervision.
- Excellent communication skills to convey planning information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Can demonstrate commercial, financial and general business acumen.
- Knowledge of a range of transportation solutions, including train control, communication and safety systems
- Experience in a technical environment within the rail industry (signalling a distinct advantage with LU experience preferred)
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.