Job description / Role
Quality Assurance Manager - Egypt Project
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN EGYPT
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 61,000 people in 56 countries across five markets: Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
Assure that the concerns of customers are appropriately captured, understood and effectively handled by the project team
In close coordination with the Project Manager:
• Establish a direct relationship with the customer Quality manager, and/or with the surveillance organization, and maintain this relationship throughout the project
• Attend relevant meetings and reviews with the customer
• Report progress of Quality Assurance actions to the customer Quality manager.
• Accompany customer Quality representative during audits and evaluations and be the focal point for any action or request relating to quality assurance
• Relay the communication of quality objectives & plans to the project team members at start and at key moments during the execution
• Mobilize the project team to timely handle customer complaints or 'concerns' until closure: conduct root-cause analysis, plan and track relevant corrective action
• Track the satisfaction of the customer at key moments of the project and embody the voice of the customer.
• Assure conformity of project deliverables to customer technical and non-technical requirements, applicable standards and regulations
• Assure compliance with customer technical and non-technical requirements from their translation into internal requirements, their allocation to work packages up to the customer acceptance and possible waivers
• Assure that requirements are processed by the relevant experts, that non-conformities are managed, that correction and corrective actions are monitored and effective
• Support the Project Manager for each internal acceptance review (for preparation of customer acceptance), and provide agreement/disagreement
• Objectively evaluate the actual quality level of the solution and feed it back to management to support decision-making
• Formally attest conformity if required by the customer or regulation
• Monitor actions to obtain the Quality or Safety Standard certification applicable to the solution, with support from Engineering and relevant experts (including as applicable: Safety Assurance Manager, Solution Certification Manager);
• Assure that plans aiming at closing quality gaps are timely implemented; provide, if necessary, assistance for root cause analysis, solving problems, and any other Quality fundamentals
• Alert and escalate deviations as appropriate; exercise the veto right if necessary.
• Cascade and manage the Quality Assurance requirements
• At the start of the project, after handover from bid to project, ensure the flow down of the Quality requirements to suppliers (internal or external), if not completed during the bid phase;
• Throughout the project, validate the compliance matrices to Quality Assurance requirements, established by suppliers, and participate in the processing of requests for waivers issued by suppliers;
• Ensure that the matrix of compliance to Quality Assurance requirements, provided to the Customer, is maintained; formalize any waiver requests, record and obtain approval;
• Evaluate the project execution and work products through peer reviews; Provide visibility through inputs for the project quality advice.
In coordination with the off-shore QAM and Quality network
• Assure the implementation of the processes of the Management System and the set of Project Plans throughout the project life
• Assure that project reviews are completed based on the project reporting dashboard, with relevant attendance, and oriented to target/performance achievements
• Assure that progress meetings are completed with relevant team members, oriented to problem identification and solving
• Assure that resulting actions and decisions are monitored and communicated to the team and other relevant stakeholders;
• Evaluate the implementation of the project key points / " fundamentals "; report to management in the project quality advice during the Project and progress reviews, as planned according to the Project type and category (A0, A1, A2, critical) and to Entity/domain rules;
• Assure the implementation of a rigorous management of critical milestones , as defined in the plans (subcontracts, internal deliveries between Departments, transition to production …)
• Assess the maturity and consistency of the expected inputs and assure a rigorous execution of the milestone review
• Check the planning of peer reviews for each project critical "artifact" (Specification, Design, Product definition files …), assure their proper conduct (participation of appropriate peers, issue of a minute & action plan) and assure that decisions are implemented
• Carry out sampling analysis on some critical "artifacts" (example: analyze the traceability of a given requirement ...) to assess the quality of the content. Beyond sampling analysis, formally delegate the verification of work products
• Provide the Engineering Maturity Leader with assurance that the product data packages and the manufacturing files have been properly established and reviewed;
• Ensure that the Quality Assurance costs (set up in the bid-phase) are monitored, and updated as necessary, until the end of the project;
• Detect and make problems / risks visible, analyze their root causes and make sure they are effectively addressed
• Escalate qualified alerts to the appropriate level of management and exercise veto right;
• Assure that lessons learnt are formalized, capitalized & promoted
• Assure the implementation of preventive actions on the basis of the lessons learnt and of risk management;
• Assure the validity of the IMTE as part of the QAM involvement in the development, manufacturing, and support phases
• Formalize any discrepancy as a non-conformity.
Assure the implementation or planning of actions to mitigate the risks and seize the opportunities on Sub-contracted work packages
In coordination with the Purchasing function leading the relationship with the suppliers:
• Be the focal point for Tier 1 Supplier quality representatives
• Contribute ahead of the PVET1, to the supplier risk identification (list of quality checkpoints, audit results ...), propose adjustments if necessary;
• Assure the quality of the content of PVET key documents: Statement of Work (SOW) at PVET1, compliance matrix at PVET2, contract at PVET3; validate achievement of PVET4;
• Propose to the Acquisition Project Manager (APM), depending on the associated risk, a surveillance plan for subcontracted work packages;
• Perform supplier audits when necessary
• Assure that subcontractors execute as planned (milestones and deliveries) with the expected level of performance, in relationship with the supplier/subcontractor Quality Assurance Manager if any.
• Industrial or Telecommunications Engineering Degree.
• Education and experience in Quality (management systems, processes and standards ISO 9001/2015 y UNE 166002:2014) as well as in CENELEC EN 50126, EN 50128 & EN 50129.
• Experience of at least 5 years in quality or similar positions.
• Knowledge and experience in railway will be very positively considered
• High level of English (C1?) written and spoken.
• Ease to travel around Spain and even abroad.
• Good manage of Microsoft Office (excel, power point,…l).
• Discernment, sense of severity and priority
• Step Back: global perspective beyond the events and emotions.
• Assertiveness and power of influence
• Management of complex and stressful situations
Your contributions to Thales cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in Egypt, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quality Policy and Assurance Manager