Job description / Role
Railway Safety Supervisor / HSE Supervisor
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
- Support the Railway Safety Manager into the development, implementation, and management of the Safety Management System
- Support the Railway Safety Manager for the preparation of the Operational Safety Case
- Compile supporting information for Railway Safety Certificate and Operating License applications.
- Participate into the development of railway safety-related plans and procedures.
- Develop and perform Safety training in relations with the Training Department.
- Review Risk based Training Need Analysis
- Lead and participate in safety workshops, in particular support operational managers in maintaining risks registers.
- Report all events identified (non-conformities or compliances, hazards and risk, dangerous occurrences and near-misses, incidents, and accidents)
- Undertake incident / accident investigations / Leads Safety event and incident investigations and analyses.
- Propose and monitor Railway Safety action plans.
- Support activities relating to Railway Safety culture development and include that action plan in their own activities.
- Ensure that a good positive Safety Culture is promoted across the company and among subcontractors and third parties.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure Railway safety related processes and tools are implemented as planned by RDMC staff, sub- contractors and third parties working in RDMC controlled premises/systems.
- Ensure KPI's within their area of accountability are strictly monitored, reviewed and reported on, in line with contractual requirements and that any actions necessary to improve on performance are implemented and reviewed.
- Support the Railway Safety Manager in in consolidating Railway Safety related reports.
- Support the change management process, including in evaluating the safety impact of changes submitted Exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions.
- A bachelor's degree
- Safety Qualification recognized by the enforcing authorities.
- Qualification incident investigation, in firefighting, and risk management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong investigation and analytical skills.
- Experience of safety training design and delivery.
- Strong knowledge in Safety Regulations.
- Strong knowledge Fire Safety including equipment and strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to show rigor and methodological mindset.
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of successful collaboration.
- V good in English - speaking, reading, and writing.
- Min 5 years' experience in industrial safety environment (e.g., oil & gas, steel plant, automotive plan) in addition to working as a member of a multidisciplinary and/or multinational teams.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. If your qualifications, experience, and skills fit our requirements, please click on the "Apply" button above and we will review your application.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.