Job description / Role
• Receive cash/cheque from Sales Representative along with Temporary Received Voucher.
• Review accounts receivable aging to ensure that the National Paints - Egypt maintains low levels of daily sales outstanding and other key performance metrics.
• Prepare receipt voucher and credit note for any discount given to customer and forward for approval to Finance Manager. Prepare deposit slip and handover the money for depositing.
• Maintain the accounts receivable manual log and match it to the general ledger to assure all activity has been properly recorded.
• Follow up on customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities and researching & resolving payment discrepancies report to the Finance Manager.
• Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the National Paints - Egypt and its customers.
• Monitors account balances and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and complying with approved credit facility.
• Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts and keeping track of cash receipts.
• Obtain customer account related information, including non-payment, delayed payment and other irregularities for making different types of reports.
• Monitors local and export receivables, contract receivables, and aging, participates in the collections process and makes decisions on receivable process and its related efficiency.
• Monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities and researching & resolving payment discrepancies in consultation with Sales Representative.
• Take initiative to resolve collection issues with minimal supervision, coordinate with individual Sales Representatives and customers on respective account issues.
• Supervise the collection and also coordinate with customer for collection of overdue balances in a timely manner and maintain account balances at contracted terms.
• Supervise and ensure accurate posting of cash receipt activity and deposited into the bank account.
• Recommends write-offs based on criteria set by National Paints policies and approved by proper levels of management.
• Supervise the preparation of bank receipt voucher and approve the same, in both cases of export receipts and local receipts.
• Verify all in-coming wire transfers to ensure they are posted to the customer account as received.
• Maintain regular call schedule and build relationship with customers.
• Follow up with the collections to evaluate the customer’s capability, including their debits and their credits for its increase or decrease (after approval of head office).
• Monitor and maintain account adjustments in customer accounts and process pre-approved write offs.
• Performs analyses of accounts receivables, aging by carrier and trending of data to both identify poor performance and to assist in collection efforts.
• Review, analysis, and approval of customer risk based on credit reports.
• Liaise with Sales Representative and customers to obtain credit references, additional information, and/or security deposits if necessary and maintain records for the same.
• Perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that National Paints - Egypt finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner and report to Finance Manager for analysis.
• Organize meeting with Finance Manager to review collection related issues.
• Compute commission of Sales Representatives on the basis of collection of sales in co-ordination with Finance Manager for review and approval.
• Open new accounts for customer in system and maintained customer file and security cheques.
• As and when required, any other task assigned by the Finance Manager.
• Bachelor Degree in Accountancy from a reputable Institute or any certificate in accountancy from recognized professional body.
• Four (4) years of experience in accounts and finance function, which of them 2 years as Receivable Accountant from reputable organization.
• Experience in accounts department of paints manufacturing companies in Egypt would be an edge on other candidates.
• Proficiency in English and in Arabic.
About the Company
At National Paints we strive to provide products that help make peoples lives more vibrant and colorful.
Since our founding in early 1969 at Amman, Jordan, we have been moving forward at a rapid pace by capitalizing on all growth opportunities and improving our operating efficiency so as to expand on our global presence and sharpen our product portfolio.
Our Vision: To leave a distinct touch everywhere through our products and contribution in other products
Our Mission: To maintain distinct relations with our clients and work with them in a team spirit in order to fulfill their perception through providing them with high quality products by using up to date scientific methods and techniques.