Job description / Role
Movenpick Resort Aswan looking for a sales Manager - corporate to increase the business conversion percentage of the hotel, sales administration, sales personnel development, marketing planning as well as function space inventory management.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Establish programs and direct efforts to achieve groups and catering goals based on market segmentation and budget
• Monitor sales production and adjust sales activities, account coverage and sales priorities as necessary to achieve the planned goals
• Develop annual sales department budget and execute sales programs and activities
• Prepare departmental budget and forecast, operating within set parameters and ensure effective cost control
• To establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and the post conference, exceeding their expectation and encouraging repeat business
• Expedite function bookings, proposal and event contracts
• Control function space maximization
• Participate in development of marketing plan, sales action plan
• Monitor forecast of all groups and catering segments and identify valley periods of sales emphasis and achieve forecast
• Monitor function space utilization and holding period of tentative groups to maximize catering revenue
• Monitor group bookings in relation to room availability, room type and customer spending potential to maximize rooms and other revenue
• Ensure that all contracts are covered by attrition and cancellation clauses to ensure hotel is protected
• To carry out other duties as and when assigned by the Management of the Hotel
• Minimum of at least 5 years of relevant experience in the hotel industry
• Bachelor Degree/Diploma in a related discipline preferred
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of management
• Ability to manage and develop sales portfolio of clients
• Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively
• Ability to plan, direct, organize and control the sales personnel
• Ability to make decision independently
• Strong leadership quality
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
Perched on the quiet Southern tip of El Gezirah island, close to the city center and Zamalek. 433 luxurious rooms including 50 suites, stunning ballroom perfect for weddings, flexible meeting rooms and exquisite restaurants and bars.
Welcome to a 5-star luxury hotel on the Nile: a haven in the center of Cairo where you are made to feel at home. Discover 433 luxurious rooms including 50 sumptuous suites, a stunning ballroom perfect for weddings, and flexible meeting rooms.
Wander down the leafy Promenade to exquisite restaurants and bars, pamper yourself in SoSPA, and soak in an infinity pool overlooking the Nile. The excitement and mysteries of Egypt's capital lie steps from the light-flooded lobby.