Job description / Role
This position is within Advanced Customer Support (ACS) within the Global ACS Sales Operations organization. This position is responsible for providing support to ACS Sales teams on complex deals requiring contract negotiations with a primary focus on best positioning Oracle, ensuring commercial risks are identified and mitigated, crafting negotiating positions, customer facing negotiations, drafting contract language to close deals in compliance with Oracle business and commercial practices.
• Opportunity Qualification - Participate in the qualification of sales opportunities to understand the commercial viability of the specific customer requests (i.e. SLAs, non-standard pricing, etc.)
• Deal Strategy - Provide commercial support for large, non-standard, unique or strategic deals; working closely with the sales team to structure the commercial proposition to close viable, risk aware large and complex deals.
• Financial Selling and Positioning - Review with Sales team competitors, customer's internal sponsor, evaluate competitive price range and target win price.
• Work with Sales and/or customer to gather information from customer for TCO/ROI analysis. Prepare TCO/ROI analysis and assist Sales with positioning pricing with customer.
• Working with Solution Manager evaluate solution options to achieve winning price.
• Assist Sales team and customer CIO on positioning with CFO/CEO.
• Complex Pricing - Obtain Bill of Materials from Solution Manager and calculate solution price.
• Review pricing by stack and pricing elements: labor, hardware, governance and supplement services to achieve target price.
• If OPC obtain hardware BOM/cost basis from delivery and calculate hardware price for solution.
• Determine contingency and inflation adjustments required based on solution complexity and service location.
• Provide Sales MCS pricing summary and approval attachment or ACS BPW.
• Scope Development - Once project technical requirements have been determined, review scope statements and ensure tasks, assumptions, dependencies & exclusions are properly reflected in pricing and contract terms.
• Proposal Support - Manage responses to a variety of RFXs including: Analyze evaluation criteria, prepare proposal preparation instructions, develop win themes and feature/benefit tables.
• Conduct project kickoff meetings, manage the execution of the proposal development plan, develop proposal preparation instructions, create compliance and author response matrices.
• Contribute to and/or write executive summaries and manage the proposal submission schedule, review and edit cycles.
• Review final proposal for compliance and responsiveness. Coordinate the final assembly and delivery of proposal.
• Negotiate Customer Agreements - Provide guidance / leadership during customer negotiations (as required) to identify options/alternatives to proposed contract structure and produce win/win solutions to reduce negotiation time and expedite contract execution.
• Contract Language/Structure - Review customer contracts / amendments and advise or assist in developing contract language; working with Legal/Deal Management teams to leverage standard options or draft non-standard language as required.
• Revenue Recognition Implications - Assess the impact of product customizations, SLAs, Penalties, Future Credits, etc. on potential revenue recognition implications and provide information / analysis to RevRec to structure a deal in line with required business practices.
• Internal Contract Reviews - Facilitate interactions with Approvers, REVREC, GRM & Deal Management on large and/or strategic deals to ensure Oracle contractual obligations are properly vetted & ultimately fulfilled.
• This may require facilitating an Initial Bid Review with stakeholders early in the sales process.
• Contracting Approvals - Advise ACS Sales on required approval levels and assist in developing business justifications for issues/requests.
• As needed, facilitate conversations with HQAPP/ Legal for conceptual approvals and advise approvers of the pros/cons/risks associated with proposed contract/pricing terms.
• Pipeline Management - Work with key stakeholders in Sales to identify and maintain a pipeline of deals to support during the quarter.
• Knowledge Sharing & Best Practices - Provide general advice and guidance, education and training, to the ACS community in the areas of commercial management, business practices and commercial risk management as requested.
• Build Relationships - Develop sound business relationships with ACS Sales, key customers and internal stakeholders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 10 years of industry experience, including a minimum with 5 or more years in an IT solution business development/consultative services.
• Good track record in supporting the sale of complex systems integration and services engagements involving advanced technologies, solutions and vendors.
• Experienced in consultative or services selling, account and customer relationship development, competitive analyses, negotiation and bid management.
• Experienced negotiator and with persuasion skills and techniques to close issues in a customer facing environment
• Contract structure and basic contract law (regional/country law knowledge helpful)
• Proven successful and highly attuned interpersonal and influencing skills both within Oracle and external
• Excellent written and spoken English skills.
• Prepared to work in, and lead, virtual teams
• Sophisticated at dealing with conflict in a constructive manner
• Proven understanding of Oracle/ACS policies and products and how they are implemented in a customer environment.
• Able to structure both formal and informal presentations/proposals for delivery at management and customer level
• MBA preferred
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.