SAP Application Architect
IBM Middle East
Job description / Role
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As an Architect in IBM Consulting, you'll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You'll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation.
SAP solution architects serve as the conduit between businesses and technology. You will use your analytical and problem-solving skills, to craft adaptable, comprehensive suites appropriate for each client.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to design technical solutions required to support business transformations and articulating proposed solutions in business terms demonstrating technical effectiveness.
- Managing or executing specific project deliverables and scope to ensure project schedules & timelines are respected.
- Have architectural oversight to provide solutions, technical guidance and functional specifications based on business requirements.
- Support solution selling and identifying new or cross selling opportunities
- You'll be able to expand your SAP knowledge base (in cooperation with SAP trainings)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- At least 15 years of experience in functional and technical SAP implementations
- At least 5 - 10 years of experience in Solution Architect/Integration Manager role
- Full understanding of SAP S/4 HANA end to end processes and integration points.
- SAP certification in one or more functional/technical track(s)
- Deep knowledge and experience in IS-Oil (Upstream, and downstream)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Languages required: Arabic, English
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.